• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League XI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Coming soon...

World Test Championship 2005
View attachment 27581View attachment 27582View attachment 27583View attachment 27584View attachment 27585
View attachment 27586View attachment 27587View attachment 27588View attachment 27589View attachment 27590

New features designed to enhance realism & intractability include...

Injuries
Injuries will once again factor in the next edition of the tournament. This will coincide with an expanded squad size of 18, along with a new rule which states that each team must pick two full-time wicketkeepers in their squad.

Form
Yes, for the first time ever form will be a feature in Sim League history thanks to the awesome player editor designed for CC '18 by weetbixharry. Each player will enter the tournament with a baseline form value & the form gained or lost from match play will be recorded after each round & applied to each player before the beginning of the next.

Expanded player pool
As usual, players active in 2005 at Test level will be available as well as with players which had previously made their Test debut & went on to play Test cricket after 2005. Moreover, players which were selected in Test match squads, home or touring, will also be eligible, along with players selected in Test squads during or before 2005 that went on to debut post-2005 & players which played their final Test prior to 2005, but were selected in a Test match squad during or after 2005. This gives participants the unique opportunity to change the course of history by handing young talent their Test debut earlier than IRL, or even granting an old stalwart a comeback opportunity.

Reservations welcome
I am in. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
In

Would not like to take a team from anyone who's been here, 8th place with a fairly strong SL generation doesn't shout "promote to better job" anyway

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy for people to start choosing teams if they like. Will tag you in the OP when I start the new tournament.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
In

Would not like to take a team from anyone who's been here, 8th place with a fairly strong SL generation doesn't shout "promote to better job" anyway
I thought you were pretty unlucky tbh as the team was just plain underperforming. SL are going to be stronger in 2005 than they were here I'd say.

Zimbabwe are even looking good. I managed to iron out a deal with the ZCB which has solved the rebel crisis, welcoming several ex-players back into the fold.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In. I'll take Australia again. Given it's 05 the side should be closer to being the ATG side it actually is rather than making compromises in order to make it realistic.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
In. I'll take Australia again. Given it's 05 the side should be closer to being the ATG side it actually is rather than making compromises in order to make it realistic.
If we end up getting more than 10 expressions of interest I wouldn't mind seeing someone enter Australia A to see what they can do.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SL stat summary (cos bored)

Sri Lanka stats summary

Atapattu 894 runs @ 52.6
Ranatunga 530 runs @ 31.2
Jayasuriya 526 runs @ 29.2 - oof
de Silva 467 runs @ 33.4 - meh
Gurusinha 422 runs @ 23.4 - oof
Dharmasena 328 runs @ 25.2 - good stuff from the no. 8, can't complain
Mahanama 284 runs @ 28.4
Tillakaratne 170 runs @ 34.0
Vaas 195 runs @ 17.7

Vaas 46 wickets @ 28.6 (SR 65.2)
Muralitharan 46 wickets @ 31.7 (SR 76.3) - oof
Dharmasena 28 wickets @ 34.5 (SR 75.3)
Pushpakumara 17 wickets @ 30.9 (SR 59.1)
Jayasuriya 3 wickets @ 6.3 (SR 14, but only got 7 overs)

With hindsight, should probably have dropped Gurusinha and recalled Tillakaratne earlier, but severe lack of batsmen who could play in the top three prevented that.