• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC sim league IV

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Semi Final #1

Scoone Corinthians vs The Edgelords - County Ground, Bristol

Corinthians

Edgelords

The Edgelords won by 6 wickets.

Man of the match: Gubby Allen

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
A sterling effort from Allen sets up a fantastic win for OS. The Corinthians were in it for a while, but Hendren's good form, backed up by Ryder got the Edgelords home quite comfortably in the end.

Bad luck Samuel, I had tipped the Corinthians for the win actually! They had a great tournament nonetheless.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Semi Final #2

Honest "Zero ODIs" Hunks vs Industrial Revolution - Headingley, Leeds

Hunks

Revolution

Honest "Zero ODIs" Hunks won by 118 runs.

Man of the match: Trevor Goddard

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
HB has done it! (Watkins 2 wickets from 3 balls, WTF?)

Commiserations to Teuton, who had been really doing well up until this point. However, after making 270 the previous match, to be all out for 79 is really heartbreaking. Better luck next time mate.

Teuton

International Captain
Well that was a disappointing end to a great tournament.
Good luck to the finalists.
Thanks for running it Jimmy, was a great idea to be able to imagine these great players in ODIs.
The sim seems quite credible too in general across the tournament and i think it seemed to capture the momentum of a game well.
Looking forward to the next comp.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Disappointing, but sometimes collapses happen. Good luck to OS and hb, I'll play with the league winners trophy as consolation prize.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Semis have already been played mate. We're just waiting on HB to post his XI for the final. I know you said you were going to be busy HB so no rush mate.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Semis have already been played mate. We're just waiting on HB to post his XI for the final. I know you said you were going to be busy HB so no rush mate.
Oh sheet, I have missed that.

Well, get the final over quick!

I am eagerly awaiting the start of the next sim league

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Some more stats (bearing in mind I'm bound to have made some errors...):
A bit belatedly, here are the similar stats from the Super 10 stages:

Top scorers:
212: Norman O'Neill (sr 81.85)
209: Trevor Goddard (sr 67.42)
205: Bert Sutcliffe (sr 92.76)
193: Geoff Pullar (sr 92.79)
190: CB Fry (sr 77.55)

Top strike rates (100+ runs)
125.77: Les Ames (122 @ 30.50)
121.36: Chandu Borde (125 @ 41.67)
117.78: Monty Noble (106 @ 21.20)
113.49: Allan Rae (143 @ 35.75)
108.81: Patsy Hendren (173 @ 57.67)

Most wickets:
16: Allan Watkins (av 8.00, ec 4.68)
13: Allan Fairfax (av 13.69, ec 6.07)
13: Vinoo Mankad (av 14.38, ec 6.00)
12: Fred Trueman (av 14.42, ec 4.82)
11: George Hirst (av 16.55, ec 5.35)
11: Amar Singh (av 13.73, ec 4.82)

Most economical bowlers (100+ balls bowled)
3.12: Bapu Nadkarni (7 @ 9.43)
3.51: Peter Pollock (5 @ 26.00)
3.88: Mohammad Nissar (8 @ 12.12)
3.93: Tom Richardson (6 @ 20.83)
3.97: Johnny Briggs (6 @ 23.83)

An XI for the Super 10s might be:
Geoff Pullar
Bert Sutcliffe
Allan Rae
Vijay Manjrekar (182 @ 36.40, sr 101.68)
Patsy Hendren
Chandu Borde
Les Ames+
Allan Watkins
Mohammad Nissar
Fred Trueman
Bapu Nadkarni

which has no players at all in common with the "best XI of the group stages"!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully we hear from HB soon. If not I'll sim the final with his team unchanged (don't think he's made many, if any, changes in the past few rounds).

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
By the way Andrew thank you once again for providing these stats. Nothing short of legendary!

I'm also interested to see who has won the "Teuton Trophy".

In the meantime, whilst we're waiting on HB, does anyone have any ideas/concepts they'd like to share for a future sim league. Also, what do you guys generally prefer, Test or ODI tournaments? Would anyone like to see a T20 sim league one day?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the way Andrew thank you once again for providing these stats. Nothing short of legendary!

I'm also interested to see who has won the "Teuton Trophy".

In the meantime, whilst we're waiting on HB, does anyone have any ideas/concepts they'd like to share for a future sim league. Also, what do you guys generally prefer, Test or ODI tournaments? Would anyone like to see a T20 sim league one day?
I would love to see a sim that would involve tests, preferably by players who made their debuts in a decade (60s, 70s, 80s).

Thanks

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame you weren't part of ICC sim league III SillyCow, because that was the very concept we did for that sim league.

Check the thread out if you're interested in seeing how it panned out.