• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Champions Trophy 2004: Feature Articles

FRAZ

International Captain
Seriously . No offense but " Rajin Saleh ,, Hmm is he Gay?
Ganguly is looking like a fresh grand dad ....

Attachments

FRAZ

International Captain
thats the latest Icc captains pic . Looks like Ponting has some thing in his hands which seems like an A$$ Spanker ....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's actually the trophy....

Rajin Saleh looks like he's going to the clubs! lol the other players all look like they've just come from training except maybe Ganguly.

FRAZ

International Captain
Wasim Akram's opinion about who 'll reach the final ...

Legendary Pakistan all-rounder Wasim Akram, a member of Sky Sports' star-studded ICC Champions Trophy commentary team, provides his preview of the tournament. See action from every match LIVE on Sky Sports.
The ICC Champions Trophy is a great tournament, it's like a `mini World Cup` and is a lot of fun.

The key to the event is its sprint format. With each team placed in a group of three, it's a case of if you lose, you are out - which adds a knockout flavour to all the matches.

Many will say the world champions, Australia, are the team to beat, and I would agree with that opinion if the World Cup's expanded league system was being used. However, if you have one bad day in the Champions Trophy you can be eliminated, so it's hard to predict what will happen. There are no favourites in my book.

Australia could go out in the first round, as they are placed in Pool 1 with New Zealand in Pool A. The Kiwis are a team to watch because they are playing well, and with such confidence. They won the NatWest Series in English conditions this summer and must be respected. Afridi: `Must string performances together`

Pool 2 is headed by South Africa, but they have been hammered by Sri Lanka recently and appear to lack consistency since the retirement of the likes of Allan Donald, Jonty Rhodes and Gary Kirsten. They are a good fielding side but are too mechanical for my liking, they lack flair. However, the Proteas should come through to the semi-finals as West Indies are at a low ebb after a poor summer in England and Bangladesh are still a long way from making a breakthrough. The Bangladeshis cannot complain of inexperience anymore and without their star player Habibul Bashar are set to struggle.

The most eagerly awaited match of the whole tournament comes in Pool 3, with India and Pakistan clashing at Edgbaston. What a game that should be, as both sides should have beaten Kenya and it will be set up as a group decider. Whoever wins must not get carried away, though, and think about the tournament as a whole.

I take Pakistan to come through, as India have looked ordinary of late while Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has made his mark and the team is following his instructions.

Shahid Afridi has been recalled but must accept that one brilliant performance is not enough, he must string good displays together, while I was surprised to see Danish Kaneria omitted. The feeling must be that they don't require a leg-spinner in English conditions and I must say that the squad has a good balance to it. I wouldn't quibble too much with the selection.

Look out for Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Sami to make a big impression.

Pool 4 should boil down to England or Sri Lanka. The Asian Cup holders will fancy their chances but its a different ball game in England to the relative spinners' paradise of the sub-continent and they will miss the guile and experience of Murali.

I think England have a good chance. There is a feel-good factor about the squad, they are playing with confidence and have match-winners in Steve Harmison and Andrew Flintoff.

PREDICTION: I'm going to go for my dream final - Pakistan v England - and I wouldn't want to call who will win that one.

www.skysports.com

masterblaster

International Captain
Pakistan v England final?

It could very well happen, it'll be good for the game in England if it does too.

Its about time England won a major ODI trophy....

FRAZ

International Captain
Andre said:
Fraz, please don't post other articles in this thread.
But Sir . Its an article , In my view . You said article "my lord" . other Article and article has any difference . I did'nt know sir .

FRAZ

International Captain
masterblaster said:
Pakistan v England final?

It could very well happen, it'll be good for the game in England if it does too.

Its about time England won a major ODI trophy....
You mean . You are wishing "good luck " to England . And thumbs down to Pakistan . Why ,Mr blaster why . I know its just an opinion by an expert . and thats about it . And in my view . Aus Ind final . And a tie or rain and both sharing the trophy .

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
FRAZ said:
But Sir . Its an article , In my view . You said article "my lord" . other Article and article has any difference . I did'nt know sir .
This thread is dedicated to the CW features mate. We don't mind if you post the articles in other threads, but it would be appreciated if they could be kept out of this thread thanks.