• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2006 Available for Pre-Ordering

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
KentLad said:
I know that this is only going to basically be a data update but I hope that they've updated the following - otherwise there will be little point in getting it:

1. Made Zimbabwe only play one-dayers.
2. Made players like Streak/Taibu not available for international cricket.
3. Ensured that the game continues to generate Kolpak players in future years.
4. Altered domestic layout of competitions to include Ireland & Scotland in C&G Trophy, and changed the 45 over competition to "Pro 40" with just 40 overs a side with each team playing the other only once.
5. Ireland and Scotland should also be given the option to get 2 overseas players.
6. With the World Cup lineup now complete, the correct teams should appear in this when the game gets to 2007.
7. Players like Warne should be shown as retired from One Day Cricket.
8. Powerplays should be available in ODIs.
9. More Twenty20 internationals should be played (not just the one in England in the middle of the season).
10. Inclusion of ICC Trophy and ICC Champions Trophy (unlikely!)
11. An accurate database of players including all current (2006) squad members for each county - with the correct overseas players at the relevant counties, and all players who retired or left their county in 2005 being removed.
12. Updated contracted England players listing. You should also be allowed to amend this yourself every year.

I think that would entice me into shelling out AGAIN for the game...even though they did blatantly lie about saying the previous game would be updated and put online! Surely if you bought the 2005 version you should at least get a discount for the 2006 attempt?!
Agreed. Carn Empire, make us happy!

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
No it's not, he's moaning about a price that is almost twice the actual one.
It is nitpicking. Change the price to £15 then, the other points still stand.

What a Rip off £15 for a updata game when they could have released it on the internet........ you mugs will buy it but i wont...... but they lovely guys from Empire will provide get Customer Service

No they wont..... so lads when you see coultless bugs dont moan
And my point about the pathetic lack of communication from the developers also stands.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
£15 for an update isn't actually that much.

SI never get insults for their updates which cost more than that usually.

cpr

International Coach
in fairness to them they do do alot of tweaking, both with 'updates' and with the free patches that come after the update. Match engines will be tweaked, new media and new leagues get added.

SI have readily made editors available so that fans can do their own data updates for free in between patches/releases (or make fantasy leagues)

There was no post purchase support for ICC2005 and ICC2006 looks very much like its just a data update, which is pretty pants, all things considered. They refuse to release an editor help anyone willing to make one.

I bought 2005, because it was worth it.

I wont buy 2006, i'm sorry, its just not worth it. The data update only really lasts the first season, after that its all a bit negligable.

pskov

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
£15 for an update isn't actually that much.

SI never get insults for their updates which cost more than that usually.
SI usually adds a few new features, tweaks the match engine and upgrades the processing speed as well as a data update and they usually cost £19.99 (at least that's what I paid for FM 2006 on the net). ICC 2006 so far seems like ICC 2005 just with a data update, WHICH WAS PROMISED FOR FREE FOR 2005 BUT HAS YET TO APPEAR.

I am most certainly not going to purchase ICC 2006, regardless of the price, and am very dissapointed indeed with Empire.