• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 2005!

Graham

3rd Umpire
The graphics are fine as far as I'm concerned and it's more than just a data update. There are a lot of improvements over ICC2002 and I'll definitely be buying it! :p

PommieMacGill

State Regular
All sounding really good to me. I used to play ICC for hours on end but since I've switched from PC to Mac obviously I haven't been able to play it.

I just like the idea of a new ICC, be it just a data update or not. I'm dying to play a new ICC game!

I am now installing Virtual PC on my Mac which means I'll be able to play ICC 2002 and the upcoming ICC 2005 without getting my old PC out of the cupboard! Yay!

Roll on August 5th, I'll be pre-ordering it soon.

gio

U19 Cricketer
that's about as much as could be hoped. I'm glad that player generation is improved, and that central contracts are included.

The only other thing I would have liked to have seen is improved training, but hopefully the improved player generation also increases the effetiveness of technique i.e. future/potential training.

cpr

International Coach
Well as Dan's put on his list of things definatly in, Kolpak, Central Contracts and actual world cups is a great bonus... plus spinners not dominating... All in all its ironing out alot of ICC2002's problems, worth the money i reckon... Bought it shall be :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Did you hear what Dan said? There's Network coding... but there may not be any Empire Interactive-hosted servers.
***** me up the wall, that does.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i might get it, will wait and see what people who get it say ;)

i do hope they fix the 6's and 4's up so we get the ball flying over the boundary more often ;)

EDIT: and ofcourse you would hope that Countries other than England would produce as many rookies so that you can play internationally for longer

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
lord_of_darkness said:
Me too.. but i hope its not anything like the current BLIC and Cricket 2005 saga.. where i cant believe anyone now..
What do you mean, LOD?
PS Do you recon you can take control of other domestic teams?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
i might get it, will wait and see what people who get it say ;)

i do hope they fix the 6's and 4's up so we get the ball flying over the boundary more often ;)

EDIT: and ofcourse you would hope that Countries other than England would produce as many rookies so that you can play internationally for longer
No, no, no... I think the rookie generation's perfectly accurate...

xixsoside

Cricket Spectator
I have couple of wish's for this awesome new (updated) game

1) Please have some sort of an editor, with which we can edit fixtures ETC. In 2002 teams like New Zealand, Zimbabwe play too few matches in a season.
2) Tremendously increase the number of ODI tournaments. Include Asia Cup, ICC trophy and various other series. Cramp up the fixture list.
3) Give names to the ODI and Test Series that go on. In the current game, they are just tournaments. Sir Gary Sobers series or something like that. Or even better, give us the ability to change the names of the tournaments, like we can change names and initials of players.
4) Have end of series/tournament awards, Man of the Series, Man of the tournament. Etc
5) Allow player to quit his side in the future and join another team. IE, at 2015 I quit Australia and take over India's manager position
6) Give manager names and contracts for opponent teams
7) Display team captains for opponents

These are some changes/additions that I would like to see in the new game. I think most would be happy with these. These are not major changes and some are very cosmetic. But I think they will be VERY easy to implement and add to the main source code.

Thanks for the new game guys!

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Very happy with the introduction of the Kolpak rule and the English Central Contracts. I really hope that the data is accurate, but to be fair even if it's not 100% I still can't wait for the new game.

I assume that the Twenty20 games will run on a slightly different code to everything else.

Fevs

Cricket Spectator
As I'm not at all good playing arcade type games requiring a joystick or nimble fingers on the keyboard, eg Cricket 2005 or BLIC (I've tried both demos, but can't imagine them holding my attention for long), I can't wait for ICC2005. I had one one of the early versions (may've been the first one), and it was really playable, and having looked at the proposed features for the latest release, should be well worth it.

Looking forward to captaining Zummerzet (Somerset) and bringing back the glory days of Botham, Richards and Garner. Just what has gone wrong over the past 15-20 years?

Is it definitely out on 5th August? Shame they've not thought too much about marketing this one, especially with Ashes fever about to go epidemic!

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
xixsoside said:
These are some changes/additions that I would like to see in the new game. I think most would be happy with these. These are not major changes and some are very cosmetic. But I think they will be VERY easy to implement and add to the main source code.
I have no problem with people suggesting ideas for improvements as long as they realise (as most do) that development time is limited and not all ideas will get implemented. At this stage no new ideas will get implemented for 2005.

BUT unless you have the source code and the database/fixture layout in front of you please do not presume how easy something is to add. If the changes were as easy as you presume and the developers thought them necessary don't you think they would have been implemented. Personally I think most people are happier tricky features that have been in the series for 3 versions like the spinners dominating ater 20 years have been fixed rather than the naming of a series. And don't get me started on the topic of an editor.

Daniel.

pskov

International 12th Man
CricketGames.com said:
I have no problem with people suggesting ideas for improvements as long as they realise (as most do) that development time is limited and not all ideas will get implemented. At this stage no new ideas will get implemented for 2005.

BUT unless you have the source code and the database/fixture layout in front of you please do not presume how easy something is to add. If the changes were as easy as you presume and the developers thought them necessary don't you think they would have been implemented. Personally I think most people are happier tricky features that have been in the series for 3 versions like the spinners dominating ater 20 years have been fixed rather than the naming of a series. And don't get me started on the topic of an editor.

Daniel.
Dan, I know that you've been asked this about a gajillion times now, but what are the chances that the development team will release an editor at any point in the future, or at least release some information on how to accuratley edit the game's player database? I know earlier you said that an editor doesn't even exist for the dev team, but could the info on how to edit using compilers etc. or however the dev team edit the database be released? I realise that it is unlikely as Empire want to protect their intellectual property, and rightly so, but I am just wondering more than anything.

Thanks and all the best!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am really looking forward to this, the ICC series have been my favourite games ever and an update is going to be awesome. Especially the World Cup every 4 years, makes the game worth buying on its own, having something to build to will add a lot to the International part of the game.

Pretty minor thing, but can the NZ team kit be black rather than turquoise? Really quite unimportant but I'd still appreciate it.

Last edited: