• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 2005!

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Great 18th Birthday Present - comes out on my birthday - My mate can buy that game, and burn it for me, I did the opposite for ICC 2002, and we outplayed it so much, like everybody who ever has got there hands on it. Great News. :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
If it's just a data update I won't buy it, have BLIC instead.

If it's a revamp with Regular World Cups and Twenty20, then... :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
how come there is nothing at all on the rest of the web about this, not even on the Empire interactive website?

Cloete

International Captain
superkingdave said:
how come there is nothing at all on the rest of the web about this, not even on the Empire interactive website?
Yeah I had a look at the Empire website as well and also searched it on Google and couldn't find a thing!

Hoggy31

International Captain
James said:
19.99 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 46.8191 AUD Australia Dollars
When i ordered it i worked it out to convert to $56 but thats with postage and handling.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is fantastic news if it is true. The main advantage will be the introduction of 20/20 obviously. I hope the data is accurate - it bloody should be if they've had a look at my update and work of other people on here!!!

Wish List:

1. I hope they allow you to sign extra players during the season (overseas if required - but limited to playing only 2)

2. If players are on International Duty during the county season then they are unavailable for a couple of games.

3. ICC Trophy??

4. Regular World Cups

5. The new Loan System to be introduced.

6. Players like Symonds being able to bowl in 2 modes

7. Inclusion of Bangladesh and maybe Kenya for ODIs

8. Kolpak ruling

9. Nicknames for county sides (eg Kent Spitfires etc)

10. Counties using more than 1 ground - eg Canterbury, Beckenham, Maidstone and Royal Tunbridge Wells for Kent!

11. Inclusion of substitutes in ODIs (can't see this being included somehow), and the new powerplay rules on field restrictions!

12. Players like Ed Joyce having to play in England for 3/4 years (or whatever it is) before they are eligible for England

13. Contracted players being selected by England at the start of each season and thus restricting county appearances.

14. New rules on free hits after no-balls.

I think that those would suffice and make me spend the money!

Joking aside, it'd be great if at least some of these are included. Does anyone know if there is any more info on this out there somewhere?

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain

also add in England 19s

also the new system in England where you get an amount of money each year for every England quality player you have which encourages the counties to spend more on their academies.

Also some players should come through at much younger ages so you can also have an under-19 squad aswell just like the second eleven. For example i have David Barrick a 16 year old at the start of the game but all the new regens are never that young.

and under 19s and second elevens should make the players get better aswell otherwise you will never play your 16 year olds so they never get better.

"Does anyone know if there is any more info on this out there somewhere?"

second that

cpr

International Coach
woah woah people, getting a bit carried away with all these idea's.... It wont be a major change i reckon, sure they've managed to include 20/20, reckon they will have fixed world cups, spinners being too good, 6's..... But totally changing rules will probably have been left.....

My reckoning is this will have small changes a la 20/20, and if it sells well this summer then we might well see a ICC 3 next year with all big changes in it :)

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I totally agree with you CPR - just thinking of some things that I wish they would put in - perhaps for ICC 3 if it happens.

It appears that given it's only going to be released in a months time, they aren't going to radically alter the code - but I will be disappointed if the data is inaccurate as with the databases available on here there is no excuse!

Also expect Scotland to feature in National League and Kolpak players to be introduced - I would think that would be easy - just have a nationality (like Scottish or Dutch or whatever) called Kolpak!

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Very much doubt that there will be any big changes if they are aiming to release it soon, and only started recently. But still, who knows, maybe, after all this time, They've been working on the greatest game ever and we didn't find out till now! Wishfull thinking, but hey, you never know.