• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Records

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's one mammoth chase Dasa! Did it pretty comfortably too! 5 wickets.

My best chase I ever completed (not in terms of run scoring, but in terms of quality) was with India. 5th day and the wicket was breaking up against Pakistan. Laxman was the last batsman in (already 100+ runs to his name), 9 wickets down and I needed something like 15 runs off 5 overs left in the test match. Got there in the end. I jumped on the bed for a while out of sheer joy. :D

darko21

U19 Debutant
ash, it's a great effort. Don't mind Quagmire, he can be modest at times. The world record is an innings and 579 back in 1938 so I won't worry too much. And also, what form of the game was Damien Martyn's 100?

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
darko21 said:
ash, it's a great effort. Don't mind Quagmire, he can be modest at times. The world record is an innings and 579 back in 1938 so I won't worry too much. And also, what form of the game was Damien Martyn's 100?
if martyns 100 cant be proved to be in tha white shirt version, my current record has got a little quicker
The Year is 2032

currently cotemplating whether to go for tha record score and throw tha test:unsure:

ash chaulk

International Captain
darko21 said:
it was a ODI vs Netherlands Super Eights i had the in match screenshot but wont work its my fastest i know that for myself

Last edited:

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shortest Match 3.1 overs 2035

fastest 300 FC 2035 178 balls

best bowling in 20/20 9/12

Last edited:

darko21

U19 Debutant
Weekly Update

RECORDS BEATEN​
First Class
Carrying Bat through Both Innings - Peter Fulton (Retox) 281* & 130* v Zimbabwe beat Dave Todd (Quagmire69) 144* & 39* v Border
Highest 4th innings total to win - Australia (dasa) 5 for 490 v England 2005 beat Australia (funky) 4 for 426 v Sri Lanka 2007
Fastest 300 - F. Kambli (Quagmrie69) 305 off 180 balls v Essex 2035 beat Brett Geddes (geds_03) 348 off 398 balls

List A
Shortest Team Innings - England (Quagmire69) 1 for 31 v Bangladesh 2035 off 3.1 overs beat Hampshire (Quagmire69) bowled Nottinghamshire all out for 30 off 11 overs

Tests
Highest Debut Individual Score - Phil Jaques (pacey) 319 v West Indies 2005 beat Peter Fulton (Retox) 281* v Zimbabwe
Highest 4th innings total to win - Australia (dasa) 5 for 490 v England 2005 beat Australia (funky) 4 for 426 v Sri Lanka 2007

One Day Internationals
Highest Debut Individual Score - Peter Fulton (Retox) 124 v Zimbabwe beat Peter Fulton (Retox) 106 v Zimbabwe

Twenty Over Matches
Best Bowling - Derek Foot (Quagmire69) 9 for 12 v Surrey 2035 beat Aaron Sutton (squiz) 9 for 15 v Sussex in 2020

RECORDS ACHIEVED*​
First Class

List A
no records this week

Tests
Carrying Bat through Both Innings - Peter Fulton (Retox) 281* & 130* v Zimbabwe

One Day Internationals
Shortest Team Innings - England (Quagmire69) 1 for 31 v Bangladesh 2035 off 3.1 overs

Twenty Over Matches
no records this week

* - achieved means that this record had no previous record holder

The Rules of ICC 2005 Record Book​
1) All records must be presented with a screenshot to verify the record eg. For FC season runs/wickets, I will need the record screen at the team info section.
2) FC and ODD career records cannot be claimed if you are playing as a non-English side.
3) Any records that seem outrageous/false will be examined by myself to decide on the claim.
4) The only records that can be achieved are the records in the book. I am open to suggestion but only those records that seem logical or reasonable.
5) Any non-career records will need opponent and year with the screenshot. This does not mean you have to produce another screenshot just state it within the post.
6) All records must be accompanied with YEAR, OPPOSITION and PLAYER information. I am getting annoyed that some of the records read "J Citzen - 230 v Unknown." I would prefer if they looked like "James Citzen (AUS) - 230 v South Africa 2034

Congrats to those who broke or achieved records this week! Keep it up!

The screenshots added are of my current Somerset game. I lost both of my openers this year to retirement. So a young 19-year old Brad Jameson and veteran Allan Bowie became the opening combo. They did alright for some early games but when the Twenty20s came, they were on fire. Bowie scored a swag of half centuries and Jameson improved each game. But one game against Northamptonshire set them up to breeze through to the KO stage of the Twenty20s.

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
Umm, there are a few problems with your record Quagmire. There is a screenshot of a Sth Africa v England match in the 5th test and all the rest of the tests are against Australia. Also the total runs scored only goes to 1575 runs.

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
darko21 said:
Umm, there are a few problems with your record Quagmire. There is a screenshot of a Sth Africa v England match in the 5th test and all the rest of the tests are against Australia. Also the total runs scored only goes to 1575 runs.
sorry mate, he had previously got 1200 against sth africa and i save those screenies, must hav got em mixed up, heres tha 1st innings from tha australian 5th test

1575 + 79 = 1654

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There's a lot of hostility in this thread. People in here need to pull their head in and show a bit of respect.

timraa

Cricket Spectator
vic_orthdox said:
There's a lot of hostility in this thread. People in here need to pull their head in and show a bit of respect.
hey come on mate, Quagmire gets all the roots around here, he is awesome at picking up chicks:laugh:

darko21

U19 Debutant
Can we please stay on the subject? I hate when tangents become the main focus. I don't want pestering and putting-down of other users because their records aren't phenomenal.