• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Records

King_Ponting

International Regular
ok well this is how i normally play brown.
Depending on the conditions of the pitch(ie if average pitch u might owant to take a tad bit longer before upping the aggresion, and same applys if conditions are rainy or overcast), this general method seems to work well.
Start him off at 3 bars which is normal, then after his green thing fills half way up start to increase his aggresion, one bar at a time everytime his green thing goes up one and a half things. Keep doing this until he reaches one before the end ie 7 and v. aggresive. keep him at that level until a break occurs ie lunch etc. After a break such as lunch his confidence drops and u should drop him down two aggresion levels from whatever he was on before lunch and then progressively increase his aggresion up to the 7 mark. this generally will get 150+ unless he gets a good ball early and gets dismissed. After the days play ie when confidence gets reset back to zero just repeat the method from the beggining as outlined above.. Hope it works. This is for county championship matches.

In one dayers i just put him up to 7, 1 before the top straight away, but as you can see his average for one dayers isnt that good, but generally thats my tatic in one dayers for all batsmen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SIX AND OUT said:
Quagmire sent me the file, and it is true....depsite myself playing 4 innings with Brown, and he not making more than 50 runs, in a total of 4 inns. But, all screenshots above are correct..
Yes, but they can always be correct - that doesn't stop Ctrl+Alt+Del having been used many times.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
This is incredible. Regarding the Brown scores it is pretty obvious cheating was going on with the 3000 odd runs for 0 wicket loss. Every time a wicket was lost no doubt reloading the saved game before anyone was out. I can't believe anyone would think this was legitimate. As for the screenshots of course they are real. Any one of us could do a similar trick if we had the time to simply keep reloading each time a wicket was lost.

It could have almost been believable before this, even though I think most people would have suspected somthing going on with Browns average and high scores.

Even a batsmen playing at the top of there game would not bat for 4 days without getting out. With Lancashire I had Hayden and Tendulkar probably the 2 best batsmen in the game, and the highest they ever scored was about 300 in a Lancashire team that hardly lost a game for years.

What makes it worse is that I and a number of other players have no doubt worked really hard for some records only for someone to come along and make a mockery of the entire records Darko has worked so hard to maintain. :@

ssj5

Cricket Spectator
Just want to say: LOL!

And yes, I agree with sammy22. The individual score of 2717 not out and the others are quite obviously fake and should not be included in the record books.

It just shows that anything is prone to hacking. King_Ponting: Ricky Ponting is an awesome batsman, but even he doesn't cheat/hack.

GG NO RE.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Okay, first of all this is a massive total and indvidual score. It is an amazing feat. However, not even if Tendulkar, Bradman, Lara, Graeme Pollock, and WG Grace were to be recreated into one individual and play county cricket for Hampshire would this happen. I am not denying the existence of the record and you may keep it. But I will admit now that back on ICC 2002 I did cheat a few times, scoring 754 as an individual batsman and creating huge partnerships. Out of all the games I have played (which I have lost count of how many) have I been able to pass 400 (see below) in a match, but no more. Maybe I am very bad compared to King Ponting but this record will not be entered for several reasons:
- the unrealistic nature of the record itself
- the realisation that Michael Brown is an average player and that if he was scoring 2717* in a match, wouldn't that equal to English selection
- the inability of anyone reaching it. The highest individual score I have seen is 618* by Bilal91 (see below) and I thought that was a bit much
- the experience of the bowlers against Michael Brown. Jon Lewis and Shabbir Ahmed have both played at international level and I think they could get out Brown
- Ervine scoring 305 off 640. Somehow that puts me off.

In closing my fellow ICC users, King Ponting's record-demolishing feats will not be added. Once again, I am not denying the existence of the record but I see these records as unfathomable.

Attachments

squiz

U19 Debutant
SIX AND OUT said:
****burn, i had a Steve ****burn in ICC 2002, looks like you got his brother...ahh...what a name :D
****** awesome player

1315 runs @ 35.54
161 wickets @ 21.83

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Watch one's language please, family forum and all that jazz.
Has some muppet taken down the filter?

If it's James, the word "muppet" is to be replaced with "allmighty creator" ;)

Dodgy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jamee999 said:
Has some muppet taken down the filter?

If it's James, the word "muppet" is to be replaced with "allmighty creator" ;)
It's funny because the filter caught me and blanked out the first name of a well known retail electronics store in NZ and Australia, just call it DSE for short - and then THAT word appears.

Hmmmm....something very odd.