• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to try and help Shoaib Akhtar:Bob Woolmer

Shoaib

Banned
In cricket, not many relationships have held more intrigue than that between the Pakistan team and Bob Woolmer. Almost 18 months, some indifferent Test results, some consistent ODI performances and the usual dose of Pakistan-specific shenanigans behind him, Woolmer talks to a website about what he has achieved, what he wants to achieve, England and, of course, Shoaib Akhtar.

Read the Interview

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon he answered the Akhtar and England questions very well. Akhtar should know that he's not going to be able to bowl at his pace for the rest of his career, and if he wants to be anywhere near as quick as he is than he needs to be much fitter. He's one of my favourite bowlers so I hope he's fit and selected for the England tour.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it is a pity that a bowler like Akthar has basically no brains. If he really did then he would have been the no. 1 bowler for last 5 years, with additional 200 test wickets and many more match winning performances.