• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you rank the teams? 07 version

adharcric

International Coach
1) Australia
2) England
3) Pakistan
4) South Africa
5) India
6) Sri Lanka
7) New Zealand
8) West Indies

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
http://www.icc-cricket.com/

I find nothing wrong with the ICC rankings... which seem to reflect the current status quo in Test and ODI cricket IMO...

Tests -
Australia
England
Pakistan= India
Sri Lanka = South Africa
NZ
WI
Bangladesh

ODIs

Australia
South Africa
Pakistan
Sri Lanka = NZ = India
West Indies
England
Bangladesh

Craig

World Traveller
The way England had played in the CB series at times you would be tempted to put Bangladesh above tem. At least they would show more fight or if they got hammered, it was to be expected.

ripper868

International Coach
The way England had played in the CB series at times you would be tempted to put Bangladesh above tem. At least they would show more fight or if they got hammered, it was to be expected.
SO england getting hammerd in the CB wasnt to be expected after the test series?....good to see they played good on friday anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well most people over here kinda expected us to get hammered, too...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tests

Then again, SA have a lot better chance of winning tests away from home than do India. So it ends up even IMO.
Really ?? Then explain why RSA have won lest tests away from home than India since 1 January 2001 ??

Oh that's excluding Bang and Zimb I should add.....

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
South AFrica have played well to win against Pakistan and India....I'll give them that.

BUT
1) They were at HOME....pretty sure RSA would lose in Pakistan and India.
2) RSA dropped home tests agianst both India and Pakistan both of whom had injury issues issues a) Munaf Patel b) Akhtar and GUl..for goodness sake, they were bowled out for 84 by the INdian pace attack at home, how they can possibl;y be ranked at number 3 is beyond me......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, because everyone else is even worse?

England couldn't even beat Sri Lanka at home, and drew after going one-up, which had never happened before.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really ?? Then explain why RSA have won lest tests away from home than India since 1 January 2001 ??

Oh that's excluding Bang and Zimb I should add.....
South Africa have won 8.
India have won 9.

HOWEVER, 1 of those India wins was in Sri Lanka, which is little different from a home victory.
And 2 of them were also in Pakistan, though that's not quite the same.

shortpitched713

International Captain
HOWEVER, 1 of those India wins was in Sri Lanka, which is little different from a home victory.
So it shouldn't be counted as an away victory because Sri Lanka don't have home field advantage? :blink:

Why don't we discount all SA victories in Australia because the ball bounces there, or since there actually might be some lets discount all SA victories in England because the ball might seam.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So it shouldn't be counted as an away victory because Sri Lanka don't have home field advantage? :blink:

Why don't we discount all SA victories in Australia because the ball bounces there, or since there actually might be some lets discount all SA victories in England because the ball might seam.
Haha exactly.

Its like people believe Sri Lanka, India and sometimes even Pakistan is just the same country 8-)

Anything to make their argument suit though.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
ODIS

1-Australia
2-South Africa - Sri Lanka - New Zealand - West Indies - Pakistan - India -
3-England

Craig

World Traveller
Well most people over here kinda expected us to get hammered, too...
Yeah but they could have at least showed some fight.

Obviously people have no standards in England. Explains why a lot of their sporting teams are rubbish.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One of the reasons I do despair of our ODI team is precisely because so few people seem to care at present...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha exactly.

Its like people believe Sri Lanka, India and sometimes even Pakistan is just the same country 8-)

Anything to make their argument suit though.
I quite clearly said Pakistan and India\Sri Lanka are not really comparable.

India and Sri Lanka, however, for the most part aren't that different in terms of the things that count (ie heat, dustiness and pitch\outfield conditions).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, an Indian victory in Sri Lanka should not be counted as the same sort of thing as an Indian victory in New Zealand or South Africa.
1, those things are simply stereotypes, in the vast majority of cases they're not really true.
2, even if they were, there are still far more difference in cricket-playing conditions than there are in India and Sri Lanka.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
There's about the same variation between Indian conditions and Sri Lankan conditions as there are between Australia and South Africa. Actually, there's probably just as much variation between various grounds within India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's more or less what I meant.

Mumbai has about as much in common with Mohali as it does with Galle.