• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you rank the greatest test teams of all-time?

subshakerz

International Coach
Is it worth it to include Akram's Pakistan? That 90s team was generally massive underachievers but under Akram they had a reasonably good record in mid to late 90s, winning in Eng and the Asia Test Championship, and not losing at home.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Is it worth it to include Akram's Pakistan? That 90s team was generally massive underachievers but under Akram they had a reasonably good record in mid to late 90s, winning in Eng and the Asia Test Championship, and not losing at home.
If you want variety, I would define the eras and pick the 2-3 best Test sides of each era and then proceed from there personally.

subshakerz

International Coach
If you want variety, I would define the eras and pick the 2-3 best Test sides of each era and then proceed from there personally.
I wanted to pick the standout sides that posters are mostly familiar with. I think its pretty much covered all the eras.

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
Sid Barnes and tallon were also main players of bradmans invincibles.They should be added Imo.Barnes could have been Australia’s best opener ever had he not been stupid.Tallon was said by many who saw him as the best Wk ever including JBMAC.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sid Barnes and tallon were also main players of bradmans invincibles.They should be added Imo.Barnes could have been Australia’s best opener ever had he not been stupid.Tallon was said by many who saw him as the best Wk ever including JBMAC.
Will add.

subshakerz

International Coach
Unless there are any more teams to add, we can start a vote count for No.1 Test Team and then move forward from there until we get to the Top 10.

subshakerz

International Coach
So we can begin with our top ten team selection. Please select your Team No.1 from the list below and we can begin the count.

Bradman's Invincibles (1940s)
Hutton's England (mid-1950s)
Benaud's Australia (Late 1950s)
Worrell's WI (Early-1960s)
South Africa (late 60s)
Chappell's Australia (mid-1970s)
LLoyd's WI (late 70s)
Imran's Pakistan (late 80s)
Cronje's SA (mid-late 90s)
Akram's Pakistan (mid-late 90s)
Waugh's Australia (Early 2000s)
Vaughn's England (Mid-2000s)