• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much better has Kyle Jamieson made NZ?

What's the multiple?

• Total voters

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's just the final piece to the puzzle.

Legite strike bowler. Our 3 main bowlers have generally had to work very hard for their wickets. Adding in someone like Jamieson when we have the likes of Wagner in the team to do the grunt work, with Boult and Southee taking the new ball...

I just love it.

Flem274*

123/5
he looks like an aryan cyborg terminator

I described him as Southee+ in the match thread. He's riding a wave of talent atm, but he seems to learn quickly so far and if NZ can put the brain of a Wagner or a Southee in his head he's going to be even better.

I think his average will come to a crashing halt in India but it will be good to get that learning experience in early in his career.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mentioned in the platinum lounge today that I expect him to be better than even likes of Ambrose, Garner in England, NZ and RSA but lesser than them in other places. Lets see. He strikes me as a Philander+ so far but as long as he remains injury free, he can even be a McGrath+, who knows. Or a Pollock+.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mentioned in the platinum lounge today that I expect him to be better than even likes of Ambrose, Garner in England, NZ and RSA but lesser than them in other places. Lets see. He strikes me as a Philander+ so far but as long as he remains injury free, he can even be a McGrath+, who knows. Or a Pollock+.
Why no Srinath?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Immensely. It used to be the case that if Southee and Boult didn't take 2 or 3 wickets in their first spell then things could look a bit grim. Now it doesn't matter. There's no let up in quality, just relentless pressure applied from both ends, non-stop for 90 overs a day (on the rare occasions it lasts that long). Conway and Jamieson have taken NZ from a competitive team to an outstanding one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Immensely. It used to be the case that if Southee and Boult didn't take 2 or 3 wickets in their first spell then things could look a bit grim. Now it doesn't matter. There's no let up in quality, just relentless pressure applied from both ends, non-stop for 90 overs a day (on the rare occasions it lasts that long). Conway and Jamieson have taken NZ from a competitive team to an outstanding one.
Yeah I don't think our overrates are quite that good :laugh: