• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many for Ponting?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
There were 7 tests, but one was abandoned without a ball being bowled, so it was really 6, like all the other series afterward until 1993.
I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure the 97 series had six Tests?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well he's on 531, so I think some people might have been going a bit overboard on predicted him to score 800+ runs. My guess is around 600.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He screwed himself at Melbourne, and so did England by only giving him one innings to bat.

611 for me.

howardj

International Coach
It would be fitting if Punter notched a ton in this Test match, and stood, in that inimitable way of his, with bat and helment held aloft. It's been the summer of Ponting. In years to come, this Series will be referred to as Ricky's Revenge.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
It would be fitting if Punter notched a ton in this Test match, and stood, in that inimitable way of his, with bat and helment held aloft. It's been the summer of Ponting. In years to come, this Series will be referred to as Ricky's Revenge.
Yeah, I'd really love to see a Ponting century and a McGrath 5-for. My two wishes for this test.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, well said yo..