• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How come...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
So this is officially an off topic thread in cricket chat ?

it wouldnt be complete without a spat .

Someone call someone an idiot . now .
Don't you tell me what to do.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
pskov said:
How come...
[/SIZE]
Because for many its not a discussion , its not even a debate, its always an arguement in which they must have the last word. Now that elusive last word is the problem :)

BTW, for some its also a question of protecting their turf :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
BTW, for some its also a question of protecting their turf :)
Now THAT's something some ought to try - urinating on their keyboard to mark their territory.....

ouch

FRAZ

International Captain
Huh to all . Pskov why not you give an idea what to say ...
Marc n Richard aint that bad . When ever I log on and if marc comes then all the threads get last post (marc) treatment and I get interested that what sweeping statement is there .
Pskov why not you just check off topic and other sub forums , We all try to present some thing good . Freedom of expression right . So enjoy your self dude .
I like to argue too with the following good guys
1. Deja Moo
2. Lucky Eddie
3. Marc
4. Bouncer
5. Choora aka(Chooray)
6. Swervy (though just once but we argued for about 6-7 sub pages about the swearing and sledging matter )
So without argument there is no need for a good forum . One thing i like here is that most of the regular posters are well behaved except (some patriotics) . I get bored personaly if there is no challenge ....

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Mr. P said:
Im actually going to go the other way and say im fine with marc and Richard, particularly Richard, because both their arguments/points are interesting, accurate posts. Richard is the only person I can argue sensibly with.

Tooextracool however, he seems to always do these loooong boring, incorrect posts which seem to have about 50 quotes in them etc. It does get a bit annoying, although Richard does it as well, most of the time hes right.
Damn right Mr P . You tell'em..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having said I don't mind tooextracool before I take that back after he'd posted a series of tedious mile-long replies to Richard this morning (5AM BST ish), another tedious thread-hogger. Even if they got anything right (which is doubtful) there is so much garbage replying to the other tedious thread-hog mixed in that it's simply not worth reading. I hope in future Richard and tooextracool can bore each other to death on a messenger instead. Simply saying that it's easy to scroll past their messages is a poor excuse, would people accept pages and pages of banner adverts mixed in to each thread without being mildly irritated?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Having said I don't mind tooextracool before I take that back after he'd posted a series of tedious mile-long replies to Richard this morning (5AM BST ish), another tedious thread-hogger. Even if they got anything right (which is doubtful) there is so much garbage replying to the other tedious thread-hog mixed in that it's simply not worth reading. I hope in future Richard and tooextracool can bore each other to death on a messenger instead. Simply saying that it's easy to scroll past their messages is a poor excuse, would people accept pages and pages of banner adverts mixed in to each thread without being mildly irritated?
Except the difference is all the replies are related to cricket and if you could be bothered to read them you might actually find that out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Because they come on here and disagree with the codswallop you spout?
No, because they dismiss it without thinking about anything, except the fact it intrudes on their cosy, ordered, established-way-of-thinking World.

tooextracool

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
do you have anything to contribute to any of those threads? i personally would rather have a bunch of so called boring posts(aint like some of your posts have been any more interesting either) then have absolutely nothing in them.

Swervy

International Captain
tooextracool said:
do you have anything to contribute to any of those threads? i personally would rather have a bunch of so called boring posts(aint like some of your posts have been any more interesting either) then have absolutely nothing in them.
To be honest I think in the time Scaly has been on here, he has made several worthwhile comments

The problem with all these huge posts with tons of quotes is that it is so hard to keep track on what quote relates to what and everything,and I personally just cant be bothered going up and down finding out what on earth is being talked about...

TEC, maybe its time to just leave it alone. I agree with a lot of things you say over Richard, but all this oneupmanship(is that one word..never typed it before) is making these threads go on for ever without going anywhere..and often off the original topic.

Someone said it was thread evolution...it would be if progress was made, but none is. You are both just being stubborn...so it only takes one of you to say 'ok..i dont agree, but lets just leave it'..end of story...and then we can all get back to having proper discussions about things other than lucky bowlers,or which wicket turned where and at what time etc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
WHAT???????

It's TEC's hobby horse - it's in his signature.
aussie_beater said:
Hmmm...I guess you were so engrossed in those arguments with TEC that never got a chance to look at his signature.
Err... no, actually, I just don't have signatures displayed in my preferances. I just got so bored of seeing the same things time and again, and they added to the time the pages took to come-up (I didn't used to have Broadband). So I disabled them.
I did this before tooextracool turned-up and so I've never actually seen his signature.
Will check it out, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
To be honest I think in the time Scaly has been on here, he has made several worthwhile comments
What - agreeing with you on the "whatever Richard writes is automatically rubbish"? I thought you had more sense than that, Swervy, I thought you didn't just dismiss it out-of-hand. You have at times indicated that you believe there is some sense in my unorthodox ideas (not a lot - that would be asking far too much, for anyone - even Craig). I confess myself disappointed. :thumbdown :glare:

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
What - agreeing with you on the "whatever Richard writes is automatically rubbish"? I thought you had more sense than that, Swervy, I thought you didn't just dismiss it out-of-hand. You have at times indicated that you believe there is some sense in my unorthodox ideas (not a lot - that would be asking far too much, for anyone - even Craig). I confess myself disappointed. :thumbdown :glare:

all I said was that he has made some worthwhile comments..I havent said what they were...he has shown an understanding of the game..thats all, I wasnt talking about any comments he has made about you Richard.

And no Richard,I dont see your name and instantly think' this will be rubbish'..I normally read what you have to say before thinking that :D

I think though Richard, when I first came on here, I did think some of what you said was a bit strange but I could see glimmers of hope in there. The problem I have is that there is very little give and take in what you say.The impact of what you say is dwindling with each arguement you enter and refuse to see the other persons view on...almost because its becoming repetitive in its unorthodoxy (nobody is saying forget what you beleive, but you frequently dismiss what others say as being wrong...although yes TEC is as bad as you in that respect). I think in your heart of hearts you will know that you misjudged say someone like Harmison or someone like that (or some other issue)..but you will not be seen to back down...which is a shame..coz if you did, people might start warming to your ideas a bit more, and then you will be making progress

Now you do say that you arent bothered in the slightest in what other people say about your theories,as long as you know such and such to be right, then thats all that matters...if that is all that matters, why do you 'publicise' your views here at CW, why not keep them to yourself....unless you are trying to provoke a reaction (that is what I am tryingto avoid know really, coz it gets no-one anywhere)