• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That would surely be like Hull at this stage of the season being a few points away from winning the EPL, right?
Yeah, except that the French league lacks the globalised firms. Lyon is getting there, but seems loathe to make the really huge investments (their most expensive players at the moment being Kim Källström and Miralem Pjanić).

King Pietersen

International Captain
Into January 2011 on FM 2010 now with Everton. Managed to qualify for the Champions League after finishing 4th in the league in my first season, beating Citeh to 4th by 2 points. Annoyingly though, in the Summer transfer window after the 1st Season, Bill Kenwright thought it'd be a brilliant idea to accept an offer from City for our star player, signed in January 09, Luka Modric. He cost me £22.5million, and was sold to Citeh for £45m, so we made a tidy profit, but he was performing excellently on the left for us.

Since that signing, I've made a couple of good changes to the side. I brought Santi Cazorla in to replace Modric, for a bargain price of £11m. I also brought in Italian striker Alberto Paloschi, Spurs right back Alan Hutton, Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso as well as free transfer signings of David James, Juan Roman Riquelme, Deco and Asier Del Horno. By January we'd started well, and were in 4th place. A few more players were sold in January, with Stephen Pienaar, Yakubu, Tony Hibbert, Nathan Delfouneso, Louis Saha and John Heitinga all leaving. This freed up £45million of transfer fees, which were splashed on Arsenal attacking midfielder Andrei Arshavin. I was surprised to see him listed as a realistic target on my Player Search, so made an offer, Arsenal came back saying they'd accept £39m, and the deal was done. That means my strongest XI currently looks like:

-----------------------------------Howard----------------------------------
---Hutton------------Jagielka------Garay/Distin---------Baines----
------------------------Fellaini---------Cahill-----------------------------
------Arteta------------------Arshavin-------------------Cazorla-------
--------------------------------Paloschi-------------------------------------

We're 1 point off all of the Top 3, although Chelski and City have a game in hand. I wasn't very confident going into the Champions League, with a group including Barcelona, Juventus and Russian side Tom. I was expecting to finish 3rd in the group, but surprisingly we managed to come top of the group, losing only 1 game, that was the first of the tournament, at home against Barcelona. Things aren't getting any easier though, I've been drawn against Real Madrid in the first Knockout round, which is sure to be a fun experience.

Alberto Paloschi's been my most impressive signing, bar Modric, and has performed excellently in his appearances so far. He's played 30 games across all competitions, scoring 28 goals, with 18 goals in 19 games in the Premier League, making him the Top scorer in the League, 3 clear of the nearest contender Carlos Tevez. David Beckham, Juan Roman Riquelme, Santi Cazorla, Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini, Mikel Arteta and Phil Jagielka have been excellent also. Just need to improve the defence in the Summer I think. Could do with a world class Right Back and another quality centre half to partner Jags (if I keep him, Real Madrid are supposed to be interested). Loving this save, and loving the game. Just need to get the league title won now. :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah, except that the French league lacks the globalised firms. Lyon is getting there, but seems loathe to make the really huge investments (their most expensive players at the moment being Kim Källström and Miralem Pjanić).
I could be wrong, but didn't guys like Cissokho, Bastos, Gomis, and Lisandro Lopez cost in excess of £13m, and in Lopez's case, between £18-20m at least?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I could be wrong, but didn't guys like Cissokho, Bastos, Gomis, and Lisandro Lopez cost in excess of £13m, and in Lopez's case, between £18-20m at least?
Oops.

OK, they didn't do that until this year and clearly spent them on mediocre players who only do well in CL :ph34r:

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
My season's really getting down to the business end now. I have 6 games left and the top of the table is incredibly close. Before I talk about the league though, just thought I'd mention that Andrey Arshavin has been a masterful signing. He has single-handedly won me games with pieces of brilliance. He has 10 goals and 8 assists in 12 EPL games, with an average rating of 7.74, he's just been awesome. I really missed him in the CL tie with Real Madrid. We did put up a good fight against them though. Had a goal unfairly disallowed in a 1-0 away loss, which turned out to be crucial, as I went out on Away Goals after a 3-2 win on home soil. Really thought I was going to beat them, just couldn't put that decisive goal away at the end of the game.

Back to the league, and it looks like it's going down to the wire. The Top 4 are all incredibly close, and the title could end up with either Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City or my Everton side. The table currently looks like:

1st - Liverpool. Played 32. Points 69.
2nd - Everton. Played 32. Points 69.
3rd - Man City. Played 31. Points 65.
4th - Chelsea. Played 29. Points 64.

So really, the favourites would have to be Chelsea, seeing that they'd have a 4 point advantage if they were to win their games in hand, especially considering they're in good form. They're unbeaten in 12 (I'm unbeaten in 14) and are on a 3 match win streak. I fancy my chances though. I've got a decent run in my next 4 games, but the whole season could go down to the difficult last 2 games, a home game against Manchester United followed by an away trip to Arsenal to end the season. It truely is squeaky bum time. Here are the comparisons of the final run-ins of the top 4:

Code:
[B]Liverpool[/B]      [B]Everton[/B]       [B]Man City[/B]           [B]Chelsea[/B]
West Ham (A) Aston Villa (H) Man Utd (H)      Wolves (H)
QPR (H)       Wigan (A)      Arsenal (A)      Sunderland (A)
Chelsea (A)  Fulham (H)      Chelsea (H)      Man City (A)
Bolton (H)   Blackburn (A)   Wolves (H)       Liverpool (H)
Man City (A)  Man Utd (H)    Sunderland (A)   QPR (H)
Tottenham (H)  Arsenal (A)   Liverpool (H)    Hull (A)
                              Hull (A)        West Ham (H)
                                              Arsenal (A)
                                              QPR (A)
I'd say I've probably got the easiest run-in out of all the sides there. City have a nightmare, with United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all to play. Liverpool have a fairly difficult run-in with away games to Chelsea and City. Should be between Everton and Chelsea for the title I reckon. If I was a betting man I'd be putting my money on Chelsea though.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anyone who's used Patch 2 and been fussed about the scoring, it should be fixed come Patch 3. Seems to have been fixed but the better test will be when it's on more machines.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
On FM10 playing as WBA, Come second in the championship, Doing my pre season for my premiership return sold lots and lots of players my first 11 is:

-----------------------------------Carson----------------------------------
---Zuiverloom------------Olsson------Barre---------Mattock----
----Pertov----------------Diarra--------Valero----------Slory----------
--------------------------- Bojinov--------Wood-----------------------------

Mahamadou Diarra is on loan for the season from R.Madrid. Brought Bojinov and Pertov off Man City and Barre is a 1.5mil signing from FC Nantes

I also have:
Joe Hart (signed will loan out Carson in the summer)
Gonzalo Jara
Sol Cambell
Gabriel Obertan (Loan signing last season signed again on loan for this season)
Chris Brunt
Freddie Lyungberg
Victor Anichebe (Loan signing till the summer)
Dwayne Samuels
Deco (Free from Chelsea)

In the summer my aim is to sign some good young talent for my reserves.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Quick tip, try getting Coutinho out on loan from Inter. I've had him for 2 seasons on loan in my Everton save now and he is a gun. My scouts don't seem to rate him particularly highly, but I've got a 2014 Inter save and he's incredible. Seems pretty willing to go out on loan to English clubs too.

Now into the 2012/13 season with my Everton side. Won the league 2 seasons in a row and was very unfortunate to go out of the CL in the Semi Finals on penalties to Real Madrid. We managed to scrape a brilliant 1-0 away win in the 1st leg, so going into the 2nd leg I put in a defensive side and just tried to hold out for a 0-0 draw and an aggregate win. The plan was working brilliantly until the 93rd minute (only supposed to have been 2 minutes of added on time) when Patrice Evra popped up and scored the goal to take it to Extra time. We survived extra time and took it to penalties, and they didn't go well. Only Cahill scored his penalty, with Beckham, Garay and Pizarro all missing with only Heitinga missing for Real. Was gutted.

After a busy Summer transfer window, my squad now looks a lot different. Beckham, Distin and Riquelme all left the squad on free, with Beckham retiring and the other 2 finding clubs. We then made £62m selling Tim Cahill, Alberto Paloschi, Alan Hutton, Artur Boruc and Liedson. With that cash, and the money made from TV revenue and PL position I went on a bit of a spending spree, bringing in no less than 12 players. Paloschi was replaced with Roma striker Artem Milevskyi, Cristian Zaccardo who was on loan for the 2nd half of the season was brought in as well as Moussa Sissoko (£14.5m), Lucas Biglia (free), Luis Alfonso Etxaniz (£500k), Maarten Stekelenburg (free), Ruben De La Red (£7m), Coutinho (Loan with option to buy for £15m), Nemanja Vidic (£26m p/x), Adam Cole (£1.5m), Bruno Dubos (£1.4m) and German Pacheco (free). So after that spending, my XI now looks like:

-----------------------------------Akinfeev---------------------------------
---Zaccardo---------Zapata------------Vidic---------Baines---------
-------------------Rodwell/Sissoko-----Fellaini------------------------
----Sanchez----------------Arshavin (capt)----------------Cazorla--
--------------------------------Milevskyi------------------------------------

That's my Champions League winning side tbh. :D Could do with better wing backs, but Baines and Zaccardo'll do the job for now. It's the attack I'm most happy with, Alexis Sanchez, Andrey Arshavin, Santi Cazorla and Artem Milevskyi is one heck of an attack, especially with Fellaini chipping in with a few goals too. They certainly started well anyway, with Milevskyi scoring a hat-trick on debut in the Community Shield in a 5-2 win over Liverpool.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
After getting Luton from the Blue Square Premier to the Coca Cola Championship - Man united offered me the job in the 2012/2013 season, did it.

team atm
----------------Foster/Lung Jr-----------------------
Rafael----Vidic------Evens----------Evra
--------------Hargreaves/Carrick---------
--------Fletcher-----Anderson/Cools(regen)
-----Berbatov----Rooney---Aguero--------

my only buys so far were Aguero for 60m, Lung Jr(2.5m) and Cools(19 year old Belgian gun) plus a few U18 v. talented regens.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost vs Liverpool in the Shield :( was 1-0 up till the 70th minute, 2-1 in the 94th and final minute of the game, feel robbed tbh:(

Ipswich away won 5-1 (Aguero 2x, Macheda 3x)
Middlesbrough away 5-2 (Macheda 2x, Carrick, Aguero and Laws(ok. english regen striker)
Wigan home 2-0 (Laws, Aguero)

now have a program of Spurs home, Sunderland away, Rangers(CL) at home and Everton away.

cpr

International Coach
Started at Preston, cbf with too lower league, took them up in 2nd season one (Aaron McLean and Yannis Tafer on loan banging them in), hit 8th i(i think) in the Prem and scraped Europe thanks to Spurs winning the UEFA cup, then took them to 5th season 3. Offered the Man Utd job when Fergie retired, and the England job with Capello retiring.... Struggling to make an impact against the money of Chelsea and City. They had spent money on players i'd see as dross, but had landed Ribery and Modric. Only getting 50% of my sales back into the kitty, but did manage to land Gabby Agbonlohor for £16m (decided £10m for an ageing Berbatov was good money, felt Gabbys pace would compliment Rooney nice, and has been a 20+ a year man for Villa.

Got a feeling I might only last the year, should take 2nd, but an embarassing defeat to Newcastle in the FA cup 5th road (I had 33 shots to their 6.... lost 2-1) and facing an even bigger shock against Genoa in the CL 1st knockout (3-0 down after the away leg)

Highlight so far was season 3, took Preston to the UEFA semi's, knocked out Man Utd and Barca, 3-3 draw in the Nou Camp followed by a 6-1 wonder performance at home

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Started at Preston, cbf with too lower league, took them up in 2nd season one (Aaron McLean and Yannis Tafer on loan banging them in), hit 8th i(i think) in the Prem and scraped Europe thanks to Spurs winning the UEFA cup, then took them to 5th season 3. Offered the Man Utd job when Fergie retired, and the England job with Capello retiring.... Struggling to make an impact against the money of Chelsea and City. They had spent money on players i'd see as dross, but had landed Ribery and Modric. Only getting 50% of my sales back into the kitty, but did manage to land Gabby Agbonlohor for £16m (decided £10m for an ageing Berbatov was good money, felt Gabbys pace would compliment Rooney nice, and has been a 20+ a year man for Villa.

Got a feeling I might only last the year, should take 2nd, but an embarassing defeat to Newcastle in the FA cup 5th road (I had 33 shots to their 6.... lost 2-1) and facing an even bigger shock against Genoa in the CL 1st knockout (3-0 down after the away leg)

Highlight so far was season 3, took Preston to the UEFA semi's, knocked out Man Utd and Barca, 3-3 draw in the Nou Camp followed by a 6-1 wonder performance at home
haha, i'm also the England manager, won 3-0 against Finland in the WC qualification.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Are there any simple football manager games for windows 7? Can't be arsed with the tactics and all that in FM/CM.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of the 10/11 season, won the quadruple. Considered leaving but extended my contract for one more season as I'm on to beat the Invincibles record.
Signed Dzeko and Zapata in this window, sould over £35m of players, so much deadwood in the squad.
Had been rocking a 4-1-2-2-1 But have changed to a 4-2-2-2 recently. A score one more than you philosophy.
Need a new keeper though, I signed Enke before .. y'know. And haven't replaced him yet :unsure:

GK - Enke, Kameni, Almunia
DR - Sagna, Eboue, M.Torres
DC - Vermaelen, Zapata, Djourou, Senderos, Burdisso
DL - Clichy, M.Torres, Gibbs
DM - Veloso, Song
CM - Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey, Denilson, Wilshere
AML/R - Walcott, Young, Arshavin, Wilshere, Nasri, RVP
ST - Dzeko, RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo

Plus a bucket load of young players with at least 3star potential.

Craig

World Traveller
For the next edition of the game they are improving the 3D and graphics element, you can do more with the training, and be able to deal with agents.