• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you want instand improvments I'll get back to you but Emre Colak can be pretty special if you groom him well

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rose, if you're still looking for suggestions for the next edition of FM, throw this one in for me. Basically a feature which allows you to shortlist potential managerial posts like you do when you scout players would be useful. Just so that you can receive any updates in your mailbox regarding whether a manager of a club you might be interested in taking over has been sacked etc... Not a crucial improvement by any means, but so many times I have my eye on a job only to forget to check the job security list for a little while only to go back and find that the manager has been sacked and replaced before I could submit an application.

HeathDavisSpeed

Signed Francis Jeffers on a free for Brentwood now I'm in the Isthmian Premier. He took quite a wage cut from what he was after, which was interesting.

And how do the fans react? They get pissed off that he could be a disruptive influence?!? As if that would really happen. That would be seen as an absolute coup for a team like Brentwood. He will tear up in the Isthmian Premier. I reckon 40 goals minimum.

Craig

World Traveller
Valencia become very rich in their second season and I was able to buy Cambiasso. And no, I did not cheat either, he was quite happy to leave Inter and come to Spain. No way would that happen in real life.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Rose, if you're still looking for suggestions for the next edition of FM, throw this one in for me. Basically a feature which allows you to shortlist potential managerial posts like you do when you scout players would be useful. Just so that you can receive any updates in your mailbox regarding whether a manager of a club you might be interested in taking over has been sacked etc... Not a crucial improvement by any means, but so many times I have my eye on a job only to forget to check the job security list for a little while only to go back and find that the manager has been sacked and replaced before I could submit an application.
Ah well, they're planning on maybe doing some further tweaking to how your inbox and news works so you can get further customisation. Nothing 100% yet. Will be after the patches and all when they get together to plan FM11 and also check the progress of parts of the game that are being developed i.e just like how the 3D was in development for a few years before being introduced last year.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I have to post this story of how the EPL season just finished in my game, on FM09.

Going into the last day, Arsenal were first, 3 points ahead of Chelsea. Their GD was 3 better. They were playing Wigan (19th). Chelsea were playing Crystal Palace(17th).

4 Minutes in to the round, Wigan take the lead. They then completely outplay the Gunners, keeping Adebayor, Vela, Fab, Eduardo, Guardado, and Nasri quiet., to win 1-0. Chelsea, on the other hand, are having no trouble with Palace, and are 2-0 up just before the hour mark. But then Cech has to go off injured, and with all 3 subs gone, it's John Terry in goals. He somehow keeps a clean sheet, and Chelsea hold on for a 2-0 win.

That leaves both clubs at the top, with the same W/D/L, Same Goals scored for and against, same GD, same points, same freaking yellow card count. So they go to a play off.

It's relatively dull for the first 40 minutes, but then all hell breaks loose. From the 43rd to 51st minute (Ignoring HT) 5 goals are scored. Arsenal now lead 3-2. It stays like that into Injury time, until Joe Cole scores a stunner, and ties it up. ET doesn't provide any goals, and Chelsea manage to pull off a 4-2 win on penalties.

Greatest finish to a season in history?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How's everyone getting on tactically?

I've only got the demo just now, but I've managed to get an absolute beast of a 4-3-3 working with Arsenal and Barcelona in different saves. Might be a bit of a challenge to get it working with an inferior side, will wait until I have the full game before I find that out though.

It's so attacking that it's actually really sound defensively.

One suggestion I'd have for roseboy - they need to bring back the FL and FR positions.

The formation I play has 3 strikers, not an AML and AMR. In the tactics editor, I get exactly the same options for, Pedro say, if I play him at FR instead of AMR (winger, inside forward etc), so they seem to be the same positions, however apparently I'm playing Pedro out of position when I play him as a FR.

Had to retrain Messi as a striker so he could play there, which is just stupid.

Jarquis

Voice interaction, so when I scream at Van Persie to square the damn thing he does, rather than dribbling it out of play.
Can't score for ****.

Craig

World Traveller
Is it me and that I'm completely useless, or is Real Madrid almost impossible to beat? In my game I somehow had a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw, and every other time I got smashed 4-0 by them.