• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Promoted Chelmsford straight back up to the Conference with the 1st place the board and fans demanded. However how annoying is the club's insistence on promotion wage rises? I now can't sign anyone to bolster my squad due to the wages. Ah well, this is better than in 08, where I'd just have been sacked.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Promoted Chelmsford straight back up to the Conference with the 1st place the board and fans demanded. However how annoying is the club's insistence on promotion wage rises? I now can't sign anyone to bolster my squad due to the wages. Ah well, this is better than in 08, where I'd just have been sacked.
what season you up to!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Currently in the summer of 2012. The wages problem has been averted somewhat by a load of season long loans where I pay nothing towards the wages, quietly fancy my chances in the coming season now.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Up to the 2017/18 season with my Man City save on Fm07 in the confederations cup with England and this year hoping to get the treble with City after last years double tbh dont think the squad needs any strengthening but i do think i need to get rid of some rubish

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yessss, just got a money-spinning 3rd round FA Cup tie away at Man City. Am currently 6th in my second season back in the Conference.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Finished fourth and lost in the ****ing play-off final to Chester.

Still, the money from the FA Cup has given me summer transfer funds of £800,000 (according to what they said in my contract offer, at least) which is a bit of an improvement on the absolutely nothing I have had up to this point.

EDIT: I'm never going to get out of this league. Just played next season, was 1st by miles and then blew it at the end, and lost another play off final, this time on penalties. Then I accidentally declared interest in another job (why isn't there a confirm button for that like there is for everything else?) which has apparently undermined my position. Ah well, board confidence has noted no change.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Finally got myself promoted at the third (proper) time of asking. Another see-sawing season - I looked like I was going to throw it away several times, but eventually won the league with a game to spare. Into the off-season now, and looking to buy a reliable striker and revamp my defence.

DJellett

International Debutant
Up to the 2017/18 season with my Man City save on Fm07 in the confederations cup with England and this year hoping to get the treble with City after last years double tbh dont think the squad needs any strengthening but i do think i need to get rid of some rubish
Yeah, get rid of the useless pair of...what's their names... Micha Ricardson and Mitchell Johnson?? :ph34r:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
As regards my striker situation, I've just managed to pick up Jermain Defoe for 4.4 million. Job done. Although he is injured for another week or two which is annoying.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm now getting bored of blowing league titles and losing resultant play-off finals, this time on penalties.

In other news, drew Liverpool (champions four times in five seasons) in the FA Cup and worried them sufficiently that they adopted a highly defensive formation in order to see out a slender 2-1 lead. Also, rather amusingly, Arsenal got relegated. :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember one game I had on CM01/02 when it was only about 2 years in and southampton won the premiership, weird when you get freak stuff like that happen.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember one game I had on CM01/02 when it was only about 2 years in and southampton won the premiership, weird when you get freak stuff like that happen.
Sunderland won the Premier League in the first season on my current 01/02 game, Chelsea are currently enjoying midtable mediocrity in Division two and Lokomotiv Moscow are the reigning Champions League winners. Thats CM for ya!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha usually find it sticks a bit closer to reality than that but hey! I remember CM01/02 was always dominated by Lazio and Roma, certainly in the early years anyway, I remember once I bought Nesta from Lazio for about £28m and then a year later they bought him back for £100m, crazy.

i'm taking a hiatus from FM untill the new patch comes out, just got really sick of the glitches and the terrible match engine in FM08 and cant be bothered to go back and reinstall 06 or 07.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roma and stupidily good, Totti, Cassano, Montella and Batistuta just destroy everyone. I think they made 7 straight Champions League finals on my current game.

I remember a game I had with Anderlecht ages ago that the board were satisfied with our performance despite the 6-0 loss to Roma in the UEFA Cup final.

Bobisback

International Regular
Playing as Benefica, won the league last season and made the semi's of the champions league. This season im enjoying some mid table time, and drew Werder Bremen (Last seasons champs) and Chelsea in my Champions League group. Though with a game left in the group stage, im sitting in 2nd, just beating Chelsea 3-1. Last season in the next stage i drew Chelsea(won) then AC Milan, lets hope i get a better run this season.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Still with Aldershot, I'm predicted to finish 24th this year, but am comfortably sitting in 6th having just got into November. Have also gone on a good cup run, making it to the 4th round of the league cup having beaten Colchester (CH), Oldham (L1) and Fulham (CH). My reward in the 4th round? Walsall away. Score.

Also managed to beat Northampton (L1) away in the first round of the JP Trophy and have a game at home to Southampton who are 24th in L1. All this cup business has finally seen me get out of debt, so can't be bad. I might even get a transfer budget next season 8-)