• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Supposed to be a patch on release day. Known Issues Thread

Worked fine for me except the 3D, a few injuries and keyboard sensitivity. Need to up my graphics but haven't yet but shall by the 14th.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Downloaded the demo today. Keyboard sensitivity is the main issue for mine, plus the injuries obv, otherwise I don't have any real gripes with it. The 3D is pretty much what I expected it to be, and despite not really adding anything to the match seems to work alright.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They keyboard sensitivity is fixed in windowed mode.
Mmmm just found that out. Am quite intruiged by the 3D now tbh, but at the same time, i'm seeing very little here that is different enough from the previous version to make me want to go out and buy it. The new assistant manager PMs are good, but at the same time aren't really enough to warrant shelling out £20 or whatever for...

roseboy64

Match engine is much better and more complex too. I actually see my fullbacks overlapping now and various other things.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Match engine is much better and more complex too. I actually see my fullbacks overlapping now and various other things.
That is a good point actually, the movement of the players is much more fluent and realistic than it once was, could tell that much from playing just one or two games, and is easily the greatest improvement on show for mine, but again...is it worth shelling out the money for?....I'm not completely sure.

roseboy64

Overall it's a better game than FM08 with a few minor issues apart from the bugs. Depends on if you're willing to wait on 3D to be improved for FM09. Plus, could just borrow it from a friend or pay a small fee to get one of their 5 activations.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmmm, we'll see, I expect I'll end up getting it somehow, as I always do...what are the other known issues btw? The link you sent requires a membership to see it....and how many of these said issues are supposed to be fixed with the release day patch?

roseboy64

The known issues at that time were the sensitivity bug, injuries and people not being able to install/start/load the game. Also, some issues with graphics cards and people not being able to see 3D even though apparently they met the requirements. Some of that was related to particular versions of graphics card though and not the game really. Apart from that there are errors with the media/press conferences but that's more in isolation. Also, some players are too eager to move to lower league clubs when they wouldn't IRL. And your customary errors that aren't necessarily because of the game code but some random event.

roseboy64

From reviewing the feedback we've received since the Gold Demo went live, some issues we are aware of include:

Cannot launch the FM Gold Demo?

1. I'm getting a message which says: "Failed to setup graphics system"

Please see the following thread for further details:
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54801
2. The game freezes when I select 'Submit Team' or try to 'Continue' the game when in a match.

Potential workaround:
- Run the game in Windowed Mode or a lower resolution
To do this:
- Go to the Preferences screen ('Options' -> 'Preferences').
- Go to the 'Display & Sound' section.
- Under 'Display Mode' select "Windowed" and confirm your changes.

- We are currently collating information from users about this problem so that we can investigate this further.
3. I'm getting a message that says: "The application failed to intialize correctly (0xc0150002)"

Potential workaround:
- Install the .NET Framework Version 2.0 re-distributable package from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

We are still investigating the cause of this issue, but some users have reported solving it by installing the package above.
4. I'm getting a message that says: "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found."

Potential workaround:
- Install the Microsoft DirectX re-distributable package from here:
- Web Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
- Full re-distributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
5. I am having problems getting the demo to run on the Mac

Potential Workaround
- If you are using a non-standard zip program on the Mac it may be causing a problem.
- Uninstall what you have and delete the following directories if they still exist (by right-clicking on them and selecting 'Move To Trash'):
\\Applications\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009
\\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009
\\<username>\Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
\\<username>\Library\Caches\Preferences\Sports Interactive
\\This will ensure there are no files relating to the demo left on your hardrive.

On Mac OSX 10.5:
- Unzip the "Setup FM2009 Demo.zip" package by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Open With' -> 'Archive Utility'.

On MacOX 10.4:
- Unzip the "Setup FM2009 Demo.zip" package by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Open With' -> 'BOMArchiveHelper'.
6. I am experiencing random freezes or slowdown during play

We have identified a potential problem with the threading code which appears to affect high end machines.

Potential workaround:
- Turn off Threading in the Preferences screen.
- To do this:
- Go to the 'General' section.
- Ensure the 'Threading' option is deselected.

This issue will be fixed for the patch.
Installer issues

1. I'm getting a message that says: "The installer cannot run on your configuration. It will now quit."

Potential workaround:
- Open the downloaded "Setup FM2009 Demo.exe" in a compression utility such as WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip or similar.
- Extract the contents to a folder on your computer (e.g. create a folder named "FM2009 Demo" on your desktop and extract to this).
- If you have any of the above installed, they also usually let you right-click the exe and choose 'Extract'.
- Make sure you preserver the folder structure when extracting (most of them should do by default).
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the folder where you extracted the demo contents.
- Go into the folder named "Windows" (You're now in something like C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\FM2009 Demo\Windows\).
- Right click the file "Setup FM2009 Demo.exe" and click "Properties".
- Click on the tab named "Compatibility".
- Click the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
- From the drop-down choose "Windows XP".
- Click "OK" to close the "Properties" dialog.
- Now try to run "Setup FM2009 Demo.exe" from the "Windows" folder where you extracted the demo.

There are some compatibility issues with the installer we use for the game and the Windows XP 64-bit operating system.
Other issues

1. The game's keyboard is too responsive and overly sensitive making typing difficult.

This appears to be a problem on some machines, but not all.

- This issue will be fixed for the patch.
2. I am experiencing a high volume of injuries when playing the demo

Some users are suggesting there are too many injuries occurring.

We will be comparing the injuries statistics with the latest data we have from physioroom.com and if we find there's an imbalance we will address this for the patch.
3. Commentary shows goal is scored before ball crosses the line.

Sometimes the commentary bar flashes showing a goal before the ball crosses the line.

4. I'm getting a message that says: "Direct Sound error -2004287480" when entering a match.

Potential workaround:
- Update your sound card drivers or disable in game sound.
- To disable sound:
- Go to the 'Display & Sound' section.
- In the 'Sound Settings' area, deselect 'Play Sounds' and confirm your changes.
- You should also ensure your DirectX is up to date.
- Install the Microsoft DirectX re-distributable package from here:
- Web Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
- Full re-distributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
- Update the SoundDriver for your particular system (visit the system manufacturer website and check their support section on drivers for your particular system - See Useful Link below for common system websites)
5. The mouse cursor's left-click behaves as a right-click once I've used CTRL+click on my Mac trackpad.
Potential workaround:
- Use an external mouse with left and right mouse buttons.

6. When I play a match, the pitch texture in 3D is black rather than green.

This appears to be affecting some ATI graphics cards and could be related to settings in ATI Catalyst.

Potential workaround:
- Instructions for Windows XP (Vista should be similar)
- Right-click on your Desktop and from the pop-up menu select "Catalyst(TM) Control Center".
- Select 'Advanced Settings'.
- Navigate to 'Graphics Settings' -> '3D' -> 'More Settings'
- Ensure the check box for "Support for DXT texture formats" is ticked.
7. I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:
Deleting your settings should in most cases:
- Make sure FM is not running.
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)
- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"
- Now try to run the game.
8. I get a black screen when returning to FM after I lock Windows

This issue affects specific display choices.

Potential workaround:
- Play the game in Full Screen.
- Play the game in Windowed Mode but do not maximise the window.
- When in Windowed Mode, ensure you minimise FM to the taskbar before locking Windows.

This issue will be fixed for the patch.
Copy and paste from one of SI's people.

roseboy64

BTW,

Miles Jacobson said:
There have been mentions now of the FM Club in the blogs and podcasts, so with Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld 2009 both out on Friday for most countries, it's about time we revealed what is it...

For those who buy Football Manager 2009 or Football Manager Handheld 2009, if you look at the back cover of the manual, you'll find a unique key code and a link to an exclusive area of the FM website.

If you go to that website, type in your unique key code, and register your details, you automatically become a member of the FM Club.

By becoming a member, you will be entered into a prize draw each month for the next 11 months (at least) to win a host of prizes that will be offered. The first of these will be a signed shirt from a World Cup winners, provided by our friends at Subside Sports.

As well as prize draws, there will be special offers for those who are members at different points of the year, ranging from money off vouchers from some of our partners, through to special offers from Sports Interactive and SEGA, so it's worth checking back on the website every now and again to see what benefits you get as a member.

The community have played such a big role in making the Football Manager series a huge success, through their support and also their ideas and feedback, and this is our way of saying "thank you".

We hope you enjoy being part of the FM club. The only bad thing from my perspective is that I'm not allowed to enter the prize draws .......

roseboy64

Patch and authentication are available on Steam if anyone has that. Haven't received my copy yet and don't expect it until next week.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am very tempted to pick it up tomorrow tbh, have the entire weekend free at home....

Edit: Wtf! amazon has the RRP down as nearly £40, if it costs that much in Tesco I'll be staggered, and will not part with my cash.

roseboy64

Don't think so. Have seen from one of the SI heads that a patch for demo will be out soon though. For those who are having problems and want to see if it works on their computers before buying.

Not too fussed I haven't gotten my copy yet as my cousin won't be able to get me the RAM until the weekend or next week.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, may well wait for the patch for the demo before buying the full version....it works on my laptop really well, but....I'm more concerned over the finished quality of the game itself.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, annoying....will have to wait and see if i feel compelled yo buy it when I'm next in the shops I guess..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might go and see if its out here today. Trying to buy a house though and dont know if parting with $90Aus is justifiable at this stage.