• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hogg vs jones???

deeps

International 12th Man
What are the commentators talking about? Did i miss something? an incident between hogg and jones?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
What are the commentators talking about? Did i miss something? an incident between hogg and jones?
Not sure, but Lippy has a tendency to follow through further than Andre Nel on Senna Pods. Maybe I missed something when I was pouring a beer.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Not sure, but Lippy has a tendency to follow through further than Andre Nel on Senna Pods. Maybe I missed something when I was pouring a beer.
Hogg doing exactly as Eddie surmised and trying to distract his fellow Aussie ...... errr sorry, opponent.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
it was pretty fun watching they're battle out there, both played well and neither of them go on top of the other.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Entrael said:
it was pretty fun watching they're battle out there, both played well and neither of them go on top of the other.
Hogg got the last say and got jones out so i'd say that hoggie got on top of jones

deeps

International 12th Man
hmm, well it seemed like there was something else between the two... didn't seem to happen with any other batsman, and the commentators were emphasising it..

made it sound like they'd had a "run in"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
hmm, well it seemed like there was something else between the two... didn't seem to happen with any other batsman, and the commentators were emphasising it..

made it sound like they'd had a "run in"
Maybe we all try to read too much into these things.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In fairness, Geraint had racked up 73 and gone a long way to saving the game by then. Not like the way Simon Jones pinned Hayden the very next over...

deeps

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
In fairness, Geraint had racked up 73 and gone a long way to saving the game by then. Not like the way Simon Jones pinned Hayden the very next over...
but geraint didn't really muck up hogg's figures too badly either.

It was a more even contest than say, haydos vs jones... but i think Hogg won this one,but not by much

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Code:
GO Jones                  0s   1s   2s   3s   4s   6s   Runs  Balls    RP6B
v B Lee                    3    3    0    0    0    0      3      6    3.00
v GD McGrath              10    3    1    0    0    0      5     14    2.14
v JN Gillespie            12    6    2    0    2    2     30     24    7.50
v A Symonds               26    9    0    0    0    0      9     35    1.54
v GB Hogg                  8    8    0    0    0    1     14     17    4.94
v MEK Hussey               1    1    0    0    2    0      9      4   13.50
Total                     60   30    3    0    4    3     70    100    4.20
14 off 17 balls... I'll probably give you that. Geraint beat Gillespie hands down though! :D