• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hmmmmmmm

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd imagine that 5ft 8in is above average height in quite a few places. Seems a bit of a fail of an insult really. Average male height in both the UK and USA is only marginally over 5ft 8in, for example.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'd imagine that 5ft 8in is above average height in quite a few places. Seems a bit of a fail of an insult really. Average male height in both the UK and USA is only marginally over 5ft 8in, for example.
what is this from, sounds like a big midget/big pharma conspiracy?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Surely average height is basically ideal from a qol standpoint. Once you go a couple of standard deviations away there's a regular reminder that our civilisation is just slightly not sized for you, like shops not stocking your sizes etc.

It's worse to be short than tall, since for me the only really irritating ones are public transport and bathtubs, but it's there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Our pediatrician told us to be happy that our daughter is average on both height and weight scales. He said those are areas where you do best by being average.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Surely average height is basically ideal from a qol standpoint. Once you go a couple of standard deviations away there's a regular reminder that our civilisation is just slightly not sized for you, like shops not stocking your sizes etc.

It's worse to be short than tall, since for me the only really irritating ones are public transport and bathtubs, but it's there.
Will throw old buildings with low ceilings into the mix as well, but otherwise yeah I agree.