• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help Iain O’Brien get home

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Iain O’Brien was down visiting his parents in New Zealand when the Covid-19 outbreak started hitting hard. He’s already spent thousands of dollars on flight tickets that have been cancelled and now doesn’t have the resources to get back to his family in the UK.

I know many of us will be in a position of financial uncertainty right now, but if anyone is interested in making a small donation to help Petone’s greatest son get back home to his wife and kids, you can here.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8nHqKU9b22

a massive zebra

International Captain
Don't you get a refund when flights are cancelled? I've had flights cancelled in the past and they always put me on another flight free of charge.

Perhaps things have changed in these crazy times...

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Iain O’Brien was down visiting his parents in New Zealand when the Covid-19 outbreak started hitting hard. He’s already spent thousands of dollars on flight tickets that have been cancelled and now doesn’t have the resources to get back to his family in the UK.

I know many of us will be in a position of financial uncertainty right now, but if anyone is interested in making a small donation to help Petone’s greatest son get back home to his wife and kids, you can here.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8nHqKU9b22
If you change your god-awful avitar I'll donate $20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor Iain. Little does he know that within a week of getting back and being locked up with the wife and kids, he'll be crowd sourcing to get the **** out of dodge.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Don't you get a refund when flights are cancelled? I've had flights cancelled in the past and they always put me on another flight free of charge.

Perhaps things have changed in these crazy times...
I've been given credit by air nz, it's actually all automated online. Have heard similar with qantas. Not sure what dodgy companies Iain must've been dealing with. :o

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
might take time for the refund to come through / he might have got flight credit but there's no way to fly on that airline any more to get to where he wants so he has to book a different airline

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My credits haven't come through for AirAsia and I suspect they never will.