• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has there ever been a player as poor as Mohammad Sami play so many tests?

FRAZ

International Captain
Just don't understand how a bloke like Sami can have such a poor Test record. Prima facie, he has it all; he's really quick on his day, accurate, super fit and swings the ball away late. Seriously, I have no idea why he's been so unsuccessful. Anyone know why?
These two ingredients are extra and answer to your post is that he is not consistent at one line , isn't quite accurate and does not swing the ball !!

simmy

International Regular
I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of...

HRH Ashley Giles

pup11

International Coach
Give me a break Simmy, Gilo was a far better and handy test cricketer than Sami but TBF to Sami he seems to have the skill to bowl well but he probably just isn't able to convert that skill into performance on field.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of...

HRH Ashley Giles
No comparison.

In over-played-poor-cricketers list Sami stands head and shoulders above competition.

If there is anyone who comes close it is the legendary Ajit Agarkar in odi's.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually he was a capable first class player
Yeah I know, I simply cannot fathom how. :wacko: I've honestly never seen a worse bowler.
His FC bowling average was 25, he must seriously be blackmailing those Sri Lankan umpires...
Not really that uncommon in Sri Lankan domestic cricket ITBT, the standard of pitches is quite poor and the games only last 3 days from memory. That's why you'll see so many bowlers with averages in the low twenties, while batsmen who average more than 40 are rare. Makes Marvan Atapattu's FC average of 48 look amazing.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not really that uncommon in Sri Lankan domestic cricket ITBT, the standard of pitches is quite poor and the games only last 3 days from memory. That's why you'll see so many bowlers with averages in the low twenties, while batsmen who average more than 40 are rare. Makes Marvan Atapattu's FC average of 48 look amazing.
Like Lassana Dias and Sajeewa Weerakoon, both of which i rate very highly (bowling average is around 18 for both)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
At least he's supposed to be able to bat. :p And has actually won a live Test in Australia, more than most have done of late. Terrible as he's been aside from that, it still counts for a little.

Way to endear yourself to us AAAS ers, Rich. :)