• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has odi cricket gone boring?

cnerd123

likes this
The ball used to be in such a damaged state by the 35th over that they had to change it often. That was one of the reasons why they changed to two balls. Instead of changing the quality of the ball, the changed the quantity.
greatest scam of all time. Kookaburra somehow convinced the ICC that the solution to their balls not lasting an entire game was for the ICC to buy more balls. Mind boggling.

Using one Duke white ball for then entire match would make for more fun ODI cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
greatest scam of all time. Kookaburra somehow convinced the ICC that the solution to their balls not lasting an entire game was for the ICC to buy more balls. Mind boggling.

Using one Duke white ball for then entire match would make for more fun ODI cricket.
The BCCI had no qualms with ridding white ball cricket of reverse swing.

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
I personally like watching almost every format of cricket. I think the main reason for the downfall of ODI
cricket is that the people don't have that much time to sit and watch ODI. Due to the T20 cricket format,
people are less attracted towards ODI or tests excluding WorldCup or final matches.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I am pretty sure MSD was vehemently against it. So it was never the BCCI. They just did not oppose it strongly enough. But it was introduced by others.
LOL, he was smart enough to notice who was at a disadvantage with that, BCCI only knows how to make money and flex their muscles, nothing else :laugh:

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
All cricket boards everywhere seem to subscribe to it. Probably not wrong when considering most casual fans tbf
If you really have to give the casuals what they want, just have more T20s, and limit ODIs to ICC tournaments. Why spoil a perfectly legit format and turn it into garbage.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I miss the golden days of odi cricket 90s, 2000s, especially when India kept losing finals.

If what so much exciting, captivating watching cricket. Had real passion.

Ind vs Sa with Sa 9 wickets in hand run a ball last 10 and still lost 2002 CT SF and many more come to mind. Even the NZ vs Bang watch was gripping to watch in 2019 wc.
haha yes this was truly excellent

we can only hope these glory days come again

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you really have to give the casuals what they want, just have more T20s, and limit ODIs to ICC tournaments.
Looks like it actually is going that way actually. We're starting to see 5 match bilateral T20I series, which would have sounded ridiculous 5 years ago, and ODI series lengths are being reduced. Month-long triangular tournaments and 7 match bilateral ODI series used to be common, now we have India v Australia and it's just 3 games. That's before you even take into account 2 months a year set aside just for the IPL.

T20s are evidently waxing where ODIs are waning

cnerd123

likes this
Todays ODIs are a good example of why I find this format so much more interesting that T20Is. You could see different innings and spells unfold in a variety of scenarios in the same game, there was space for twists and turns and shifts in momentum, and all 22 players had more of a chance to make an impact on the game.

T20s are just too short to fully appreciate sometimes.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Todays ODIs are a good example of why I find this format so much more interesting that T20Is. You could see different innings and spells unfold in a variety of scenarios in the same game, there was space for twists and turns and shifts in momentum, and all 22 players had more of a chance to make an impact on the game.

T20s are just too short to fully appreciate sometimes.
Yep, hear hear. Last night was very enjoyable.

Jumno

U19 Captain
Odi cricket has lost its magic. 2015 world cup was a prime example of this. The world cup's in the 90s as well as the tournaments epitomised odi cricket.

I remember the 2006 series in Malaysia were Aussies were defending 230, 1999 world cup were 220 was even a good score-Ind vs Eng, Ind vs Pak, SA vs Eng. The series in Sri Lanka were India was struggling to even chase 210 against the Kiwis.