• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Handle Materials

JonGarlick

Cricket Spectator
Hello Everyone. i've been trying to find an answer for my univeristy project for a couple of hours now and thought some of you guys might know.

What type of rubber are the rubber inserts in a handle made from?

If anyone knows i would be massivly greatful if yu could post me the answer.

Cheers

Jon

Swervy

International Captain
on a serious note..what do those rubber things in the handle actually do, I havent a clue.
I know as a kid, we used to call them 'springs'...a 3 springer was better than a 2 springer, but I have a feeling we were chatting ****

deeps

International 12th Man
hmm i'd say it absorbs shock, as well as transfers power better to the actual bat.

it's also a better way of bonding the wood together (most handles are 9 piece or above) so instead of glueing wood against wood (which wouldn't last long considering the forces acting on the bond), something more flexible and absorbing would be required.

I dunno what material is used, but you could probably email a bat manufacturer and get a reply

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you have forgotten my personal favorite, the magnum.

"I'd really like to continue talking about this conversation but, I have to go pee"

As for the question at hand, I personally have no idea. The only work I've seen done on improving handle dynamics was Middlepeg and their work in using Kevlar inserts to increase the energy transferred from the handle upon impact to the rest of the bat.