• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hail To The King

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Good stuff Ricky Ponting on recieving the test captaincy taking over from Steve Waugh.

You are a legend mate!:) :D

He is not captain as yet, Craig. He has been announced as the successor to Steve Waugh, effective as of the end of the India/Australia series.

Linda

How exciting:D
It was the obvious choice, not to take any glory away from the good fellow.

nibbs

International Captain
hmmmmmmmm

Is captaining the side after Waugh plays his final match in a few months time or is it effective right now???

Eclipse

International Debutant
good on him.

It's been a plesure to see him develope into the player he is today and I think he will make a very good captain.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
It's been a plesure to see him develope into the player he is today and I think he will make a very good captain.
It's a pity we won't be able to see if that's true or not (barring the wiping out of half the Aussie Cricketing population to even the game up a bit)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It must be really hard to have by far and away the strongest side in ODIs and still win games...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
It must be really hard to have by far and away the strongest side in ODIs and still win games...
Come on Marc. Give Punter some credit. He clearly didn't have the greatest of resources. :) Hayden who?

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
A shing example to all on and off the pitch. I think his clean living lifestyle makes him the ideal role model for the world's children. Unlike the rest of us he has no need for vices. A lifetime of early nights with the cocoa has been rewarded with one of the most coveted positions in the world of sport.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
raju said:
A shing example to all on and off the pitch. I think his clean living lifestyle makes him the ideal role model for the world's children. Unlike the rest of us he has no need for vices. A lifetime of early nights with the cocoa has been rewarded with one of the most coveted positions in the world of sport.
I trust this was a sarcastic post?

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Yeah ... fully deserved. I reckon Ponting will have one of the best test records ever by the time he retires ... certainly in terms of runs scored. It'll be interesting to see if those amazing Aussie batting averages and records of the current players will be effected whenever their ace bowlers retire. They'll find fine replacements I'm absolutely sure ... but unlikely to be in quite the same class as McGrath and Warne.

I believe that batting and bowling confidence wear off on each other. Is it possible that the current Aussie records are somewhat inflated by the team dominance, and psychological stranglehold they have over world cricket? Or will it work the other way, and will the new bowlers become infused with this confidence, and carry on the dominance for the next decade?

Any thoughts?

Linda

Um, no. No thoughts whatsoever, because those two things you just said sound the same :P :(