• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I think Ireland can cause a major upset, they might beat Pakistan or WI and reach the super 8, would be awesome of they manage to do that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
If Zimb play well then they can beat Pakistan in the pool match, thereby bringing Pakistan's misreable WC to an early end.In my opinion it will be beter for Pakistan to bow out early than to reach the super eight and then lose each and every match in S8, losing to arch rival India would be very humiliating to Pakistan, but then again by now they should be use to it, as its the norm in WC!
I think Ireland can cause a major upset, they might beat Pakistan or WI and reach the super 8, would be awesome of they manage to do that.
So basically according to you Pakistan and WI are so crap that they are unlikely to beat the minnows? Please try to have a little bit of impartiality sometimes? 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Predicted XI's for the opener:

WEST INDIES:

Gayle
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
Samuels
Lara
Bravo
DW Smith
Ramdin
Bradshaw
Taylor
Collymore/Powell

PAKISTAN:

Hafeez
Akmal
Younis
Mo Yo
Inzamam
Malik
Afridi
Mahmood
Naved
Sami
Gul

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So basically according to you Pakistan and WI are so crap that they are unlikely to beat the minnows? 8-)
This is the same team that nearly beat the number 1 side in the world...Anything's possible with Pakistan really and since the Windies had a terrible batting performance against India they're could be a small possibility that Ireland could beat either of these teams espcially Pakistan.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
why do people think this is the end of the pakistani team just cos we lost shoaib,asif and razzaq?
remember in the icc trophy we were playing without asif,shoaiba dn inzi and still beat lanka and narrowly lost to nz,
if we had inzi instead of razzaq vs nz then we would have won that match,

pakistan is still a good team without these 3 and should be in the top 5 team after the super 8 stage

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So basically according to you Pakistan and WI are so crap that they are unlikely to beat the minnows? Please try to have a little bit of impartiality sometimes? 8-)
Fus, remember who you're talking to. That's like asking for The Moon on a plate of cheese in your bedroom.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
This is the same team that nearly beat the number 1 side in the world...Anything's possible with Pakistan really and since the Windies had a terrible batting performance against India they're could be a small possibility that Ireland could beat either of these teams espcially Pakistan.
:laugh:
You are nuts. I don't rate west indies and pakistan anywhere near the smaller teams. Both teams are still better then new zealand, england and srilanka.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Ireland did nearly beat the number one team of the world on a decent track.I think they are capable of causing an upset in the WC, obviously Pak and WI are more likely to beat Ireland, but i won't be shocked to see Ireland beating any of the two side in the pool match

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
You are nuts. I don't rate west indies and pakistan anywhere near the smaller teams. Both teams are still better then new zealand, england and srilanka.
I didn't say I rate WI and Pakistan anywhere near the small teams.And I didn't intend to.I just said that an upset could be possible but not likely.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Predicted XI's for the opener:

WEST INDIES:

Gayle
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
Samuels
Lara
Bravo
DW Smith
Ramdin
Bradshaw
Taylor
Collymore/Powell

PAKISTAN:

Hafeez
Akmal
Younis
Mo Yo
Inzamam
Malik
Afridi
Mahmood
Naved
Sami
Gul
Afridi is banned for the first match so i think that Imran Nazir will play and open with Hafeez with Akmal down the order. I also think that Mahmood will not play and Kaneria will.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still better than taking to obsessed person who has nothing to do in the world than keep count of the re-births of Ibe/Lbe etc.
You're more obsessed about the idea of such a thing than I have ever come close to being said thing.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
You're more obsessed about the idea of such a thing than I have ever come close to being said thing.
LOL! almost 1/4th of ur post have something to do with ur addiction. Stuffs like "this guy must be binglee, that guy can't be Binglee"..etc... Withdrawal symptoms at their worsts.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Pakistan and WI are the weakest team of the top 8 atm, it will be almost a minnowish battle.WI starts as fav, probably coz of home ground and weakened Pak team, but i expect Pakistan to beat WI in the first match.

Ofcourse if BCL comes up with a magical performance then Wi might even thrash Pak

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Pakistan and WI are the weakest team of the top 8 atm, it will be almost a minnowish battle.WI starts as fav, probably coz of home ground and weakened Pak team, but i expect Pakistan to beat WI in the first match.

Ofcourse if BCL comes up with a magical performance then Wi might even thrash Pak
how is this a "minowish" battle? :blink:

gayle, lara, younis, yousuf, inzi. thats more firepower right there then .... then... complete the punchline someone. i ran out of ideas.