• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Agree with Tim on that. Bond to play, for sure.

I can see Fulton coming it to replace a bowler, probably Patel.

Which would create more batting depth so Tuffey/Mason could come in for Franklin. So basically WHAT TIM SAID!

I could also see Franklin staying in the side also. Whilst being expensive, he has been taking wickets at the top so...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Still think we'd be better to rest Bond, but oh well. Personally I'd rest him from both of the last two games - minnows winning lately or not, we should be (and as far as I'm concerned, we are) good enough to win these games without him. It would be painful to see him get injured playing against these low sides when it's much more vital that he plays all (or close to it) of the games once we get through to the 8.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if Bond plays, Franklin will miss the cut...most likely to Tuffey. Franklin will come back in for Bond against Canada and I guess Tuffey will miss out to Gillespie or Mason..I hope Gillespie does get a game before the Super 8's, I think he's more likely to take wickets with his extra pace on these pitches than Tuffey or Mason are.

Patel might well swap with Vettori against Canada too. I think we'll play the extra batsman in this match but I wouldn't be surprised if one of Styris and McMillan miss out against Canada to play an extra bowler.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Bond definately should not play in the Canadian match which is on Friday (NZ time), even though our first game in the Super 8 stage is a full week after that. The last week of the Super 8s have us playing 3 games in 8 days (Sri Lanka or India then Sout Africa then Australia), he needs to be not too worn out.

Idealy it would be great to play him in the Canadian match and not this morning's match, but as stated before the Kenyan side is a level above the Bermuda/Canada type minnow side. We have to put up a strong side just incase.

Last edited:

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Personally I would like to see Fulton play today as he's in some pretty mint form, smashing sixes and scoring at a run a ball.

It would be nice to see him given the opportunity to try and dislodge McMillan from the starting 11XI. Neither Fulton or McMillan deserve not to be in the side after recent form, they both deserve the opportunity to prove their worth. Only one of them can play when it comes to the crunch considering the make-up of our side and Styris cementing his place.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Hmmm, Mason in for Patel.

Was expecting Fulton to get a run.

I suppose for the Canada game we will see Bond rested, and Fulton playing. Maybe even Patel for Vettori and Gillespie for Franklin

Loony BoB

International Captain
Apparently everyone's getting a go, so provided they're fit, I'd assume everyone not playing today will play against Canada.

Loony BoB

International Captain
:(

Hopefully he finds form for the latter games...

EDIT: Nice to see Fleming getting a couple of sixes.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Morning KiWiNiNjA. Just dragged myself out of bed to watch the 2nd half of the innings. The boys are going alright eh?
Yeah.

Vincent, another DUCK.

Fleming, suicide run out. Seemed to be in good form until that. Had his sights on the hundy aswell

Styris, pushing it around nicely.

Taylor, off to a slow start, as per usual. Really churning through the gears now.

Hopefully Taylor has got cramp and not pulled a hammy here :unsure:

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Yeah.

Vincent, another DUCK.

Fleming, suicide run out. Seemed to be in good form until that. Had his sights on the hundy aswell

Styris, pushing it around nicely.

Taylor, off to a slow start, as per usual. Really churning through the gears now.

Hopefully Taylor has got cramp and not pulled a hammy here :unsure:
Looks like cramp...I hope. Should see some big-hitting from here on in. Taylor looking in great nick here. Hundred number 3 coming up. He needs to sort out this cramp business though. Don't you just need more salt our something?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Looks like cramp...I hope. Should see some big-hitting from here on in. Taylor looking in great nick here. Hundred number 3 coming up. He needs to sort out this cramp business though. Don't you just need more salt our something?

Well Nasser seems to think magnesium.
Oh, and just like that he gets out.