• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just been catching up on this thread. Obviously the 3rd places adds an additional level of permutations which makes it all the more interesting. But does anyone remember Euro 04 where for some reason a 2-2(or any higher score draw) between Sweden and I think Denmark would send Italy out no matter what. I can't remember the exact setup but I do remember laughing heartily in the boozer when the goal that made it 2-2 went in.

Not out any glee for Italy going out but just because of course it was going to finish 2-2
Yeah I remember, and the Swedes and Danes furiously denying (I might have joined in tbf) that we Pure and Ethical Scandinavians would do something like that and that only Italian conspiracy minds would think there was anything suss about that match

IIRC Sørensen fumbled something ridiculous on the 2-2 goal but then again he was never a very good goalkeeper

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Even when we beat Holland 4-1 at Euro 96 there were a few mutterings when the late Holland goal went in as 4-0 would have put Scotland through.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a ripper from Damsgaard.

Danes holding up their end of the bargain; just need the Phelgms to help out now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1624306955541.png

Autie Beeb is wrong here, that 2nd goal lifts them above Ukraine on goal difference and so makes a big impact to how likely they are to sneak in as a 3rd placed side.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty decisive last 10 minutes, then.

Denmark through, Russia out, Finland pretty much kippered.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Finland need two of:

- Scotland-Croatia draw
- Spain beat Slovakia by 3 goals or more
- France beat Portugal by 4 goals or more and Hungary don't win

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't see it, but Portugal going out in the groups would be not unhilarious.

Mind you, they won in 2016 from a third place finish, didn't they?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Wales fans have been banned from travelling to Amsterdam from the UK for the Denmark game. Not sure if any Welsh people live in the Netherlands.