• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
BTW, if any Australian starts to talk about how unfair that match was... they're deadset wrong. We were outplayed by Zimbabwe, and that's that.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, if any Australian starts to talk about how unfair that match was... they're deadset wrong. We were outplayed by Zimbabwe, and that's that.
Only the biggest one-eyed Aussie out there would think that Zimbabwe didn't deserve to win the match. Australia were woeful.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome, great day for world cricket but Ponting’s comments were not only damning of his side (and himself) but refreshingly honest. Well played by the captain, no sour grapes or excuses.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just can't believe that the might Australian team has been beaten by the minnow Zimbabwe!
I think the parallels are amazing. First ever World Cup game Zimbabwe beat Australia, first ever 20/20 World Cup game Zimbabwe beat Australia. A case of history repeating. We should have expected it tbh.

jammay123

State 12th Man
great performance by zimbabwe. great bowling,batting and feilding simply outperformed the aussies. australia never looked like they gave a toss about t20 but they are gonna come back with a vengance against england or they are gonna take some flak.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone harps on about how well built Andrew Symonds is, but every single player in the RWC has bigger biceps than him. Jerry Collins has biceps that measure 2 feet in circumference.
I find it hard to believe that Shane Williams has bigger biceps than Roy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just remember - cheering for the sports team of a country with Mugabe in charge is the same as supporting a rugby team under the jurisdiction of the RFU or sympathising with the Nazis.
Stuart MacGill speaks…

You hold the same views in regard to supporting Pakistan and Sri Lanka? Can't celebrate a Jayasuriya ton for that would be commending human rights abuses...

R_D

International Debutant
Feel sorry for England now......:laugh: :laugh:

Good on Zimbabwe team for winning..... I guess Aus players will take 20/20 bit more serious now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very impressive stuff from Zimbabwe in the field, and at the end I must admit I was sort of hoping they'd get up.

I'd queue a rant about the format at this point, as I think there's a pretty obvious one, but perhaps it's best left for another time.

pup11

International Coach
I am still recovering from yesterday night's shock, i guess lack of my mockers let Australia down later in the innings :laugh:, anyways lets give credit to Zimbabwe and Brendon Taylor who really played the innings of his life.

I think as everyone was saying this sort of a thing was long time coming for Australia since they just don't take T20 seriously at all, and the game is that great that it always teaches you a lesson if you don't respect it!!
Now what does Australia still has a chance of progressing through to the next stage?

IMO, This whole episode could (should) make Australia a lot more serious and determined about this but i hope its not too late for that.

pup11

International Coach
So in this scenario how difficult would it be for Australia to qualify through to the next stage??

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Moments like today are why I love cricket. It built and built and built and built up, but you sort of never really belived that Zimbabwe were going to win until the ball hit the rope. The thought briefly entered your mind when Australia were 19/3, but you brushed it off. "It's Australia! There's no way they'll lose to Zimbabwe!" But they never really set off, and so Zimbabwe had a target that on the face of it wasn't that hard. But again, there seemed to be no way that the Zimbabwean lineup could hold off Lee, Clark, Bracken, Johnson et al. But they could. Somehow Brendon Taylor and his band of batsmen did. And Zimbabwe won. Against all the odds. And you never really realised it was happening.
I told you all September 12 was awesome!!