• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 Second Round - West Indies, India, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Shri

Mr. Glass
The boundary line is bugging me. No ball hit for 4 is going over the line and its annoying me much more than random little things like this should.

YankeeAlpha

Cricket Spectator
As good as Pak can be on their day they just do not have the metal strength to beat India in a WC match. Seen it time and time again! They just seem so scared of losing they just don't play positively (especially their batsmen). After the start they got off to they were always going to find it difficult. They need to sort it out or they'll be out of the comp before you know it.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
As good as Pak can be on their day they just do not have the metal strength to beat India in a WC match. Seen it time and time again! They just seem so scared of losing they just don't play positively (especially their batsmen). After the start they got off to they were always going to find it difficult. They need to sort it out or they'll be out of the comp before you know it.
What, you saying they're anaemic or something?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
India 9-0 Pakistan in world cups.
It's just ridiculous. Every time we face off in a World Cup, I think surely they've got to win one now (if anyone's thinking of mentioning the gambler's fallacy, piss off). It's either the most amazing run or that metal block thing. Beef power isn't cutting it, need more palak paneer.

Adelaide 2015 will be it, IMO. First time we face Pakistan in an ODI WC without Tendulkar in the side. 3 MoM awards in those 5 matches. Started off against Imran and Wasim, held off Waqar and Shoaib and finished off against Riaz and Ajmal. Incredible career.

Besides, Jono's planning on attending. Consider the result sealed, stamped and delivered. That ****.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's just ridiculous. Every time we face off in a World Cup, I think surely they've got to win one now (if anyone's thinking of mentioning the gambler's fallacy, piss off). It's either the most amazing run or that metal block thing. Beef power isn't cutting it, need more palak paneer.

Adelaide 2015 will be it, IMO. First time we face Pakistan in an ODI WC without Tendulkar in the side. 3 MoM awards in those 5 matches. Started off against Imran and Wasim, held off Waqar and Shoaib and finished off against Riaz and Ajmal. Incredible career.

Besides, Jono's planning on attending. Consider the result sealed, stamped and delivered. That ****.
Yeah it's almost becoming like south Africa in world cup knock outs.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Considering T20 is supposed to be the most unpredictable format and also the fact that we were pretty much crap in the 90s, it is pretty much unbelievable that we have managed to keep this going. Long may it continue. Watching it with Pakistani colleagues, especially after the loss earlier in the Asia cup, was super pleasing.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We tied in our first T20 WC match against Pakistan. We only won because of the bowl out but I don't think it should be considered a win.