• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest World Cup opening game

Kirkut

International Regular
Wonder how rapid he would have been had he played cricket in his 20s. Bloke bowled genuine wheels.
Dirk Nannes, Ben Hilfenaus and Doug Bollinger. These guys looked like medium pacers and would have probably been labelled medium pacers forever had there been no speed guns.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Dougeh certainly didn't look like a medium pacer to me, not at all.

Well, except for when Mark Cameron was bowling at the other end

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
'92. I dunno, it's probably my nostalgic glasses on...but everything about that World Cup was epic. Crowe's ton in the first game, matched by Boonie's, who was run out by Chris Harris side on from the boundary, just so good.