• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Wicketless Spells

subshakerz

International Coach
Underrated Test series. Pakistan challenged every game and 3-0 was a harsh result
I honestly think the loss of Pakistan in the second test in Hobart in 99 had a devastating effect on Pakistan cricket, especially vis a vis Australia.

From 76 to 95, Pakistan were fairly competitive in Australia. But losing that test after having Australia 126-5 chasing 369, I think Pakistan lost the self-belief that they can compete in Australia. Now even if they come into a situation to draw or win, they just collapse. It has sunk into their mentality that they are a mid-tier team which manifests whenever they play there.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I honestly think the loss of Pakistan in the second test in Hobart in 99 had a devastating effect on Pakistan cricket, especially vis a vis Australia.

From 76 to 95, Pakistan were fairly competitive in Australia. But losing that test after having Australia 126-5 chasing 369, I think Pakistan lost the self-belief that they can compete in Australia. Now even if they come into a situation to draw or win, they just collapse. It has sunk into their mentality that they are a mid-tier team which manifests whenever they play there.
That's one explanation for suddenly losing games when they are in the position to be favourites to win . . .