• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gough to train with england in WI

Swervy

International Captain
so in essence..you are saying that the pressure that Gough puts on the batsman kind of opens things up for the 'lesser' bowlers....mmm i see where you are coming from

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
so in essence..you are saying that the pressure that Gough puts on the batsman kind of opens things up for the 'lesser' bowlers....mmm i see where you are coming from
That and the fact that he gets them out so the lesser bowlers have less batsmen to concede runs to, and they also get to bowl at new batsmen more often.
So what?

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
That and the fact that he gets them out so the lesser bowlers have less batsmen to concede runs to, and they also get to bowl at new batsmen more often.
So what?
oh i am just interested to see that you have acknowledged that the pressure Gough puts on the opposition allows his team mates to reap the rewards....something you havent agreed with me on with regards to McGrath

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The difference is, in this case (Gough) we're talking about one-day games.
In McGrath's, I have been at pains to point-out that I am talking exclusively about the First-Class Test game.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
The difference is, in this case (Gough) we're talking about one-day games.
In McGrath's, I have been at pains to point-out that I am talking exclusively about the First-Class Test game.
just teasing:D