• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Girls playing with boys?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
iirc the slightly loopy chairman of perugia (signed Gaddafi's son etc) tried to sign Hanna Ljungberg and Birgit Prinz but it never came to anything

Nnanden said:
Bad, bad call. Some schools, most definately, but that`s a very general statement. I captained our school second XI for a few matches, and we could`ve won the odd game against Barker. Not often, but a decent shout at it.

Um what school,

This year's team is something out of the ordinary with a lot of the North Shore Rep Team that have one quite a few rep titles and a lot of the HKHDCA Rep Team that one last year's Rep Title.

This translates to Basically Gordon and Northern DIstrict Green Shield side.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
iirc the slightly loopy chairman of perugia (signed Gaddafi's son etc) tried to sign Hanna Ljungberg and Birgit Prinz but it never came to anything
Signing Gaddafi's son at least made economic sense tho. Consider the sponsorships. :D

Sacking that Korean because he scored on Italy...slightly less so.

On topic: yes, I subscribe to the school of thought that "why can't an U14 play with U17." As for guys playing netball...well, go ahead, but they'd presumably be asked to wear the team uniform like everyone else on the team, which should force them out nicely. If men wanted to play netball, there'd be a league for it long ago.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Correct - and Victoria Svensson too - but the women turned him down because they knew they were not good enough and were being used as a gimmick. This is the guy who sacked his star Korean striker for scoring the goal that put Italy out of 2002 WC.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Bad, bad call. Some schools, most definately, but that`s a very general statement. I captained our school second XI for a few matches, and we could`ve won the odd game against Barker. Not often, but a decent shout at it.
As I stated earlier, CAS teams aren't all that flash. You probably could beat them, doesn't mean you're playing a high level of cricket.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Spot the schoolboy.
It's a fair cop.

For the record, I think people should be considered on terms of ability rather than gender designations when it comes to the best vs the best, but just to fan the flames a bit (and admittedly, my Heinleinian fantasies), if a girl was to play in any given first XI, what should be done in terms of the changerooms? There's a lot of camaderie and mateship established in that wet towel flicking after the showers. Would isolation from some of these activities be divisive?