• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gibberish surrounding rain made to sound like a real issue

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People confusing bleakness and grime with constant rain. But that's just England, and Birmingham in particular.

Daemon

Imagine if England had been slowly batting and consolidating for the late Buttler burst and it rained and Aus won by 5 runs on DL. What a farce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
People confusing bleakness and grime with constant rain. But that's just England, and Birmingham in particular.
We'd have needed loads of rain if your mate Corbyn had got in. He planned to nationalise water and distribute it out in rations

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't know if I've posted this before or thought about posting it, but the OP talks about facts; I am curious to know how many 50 over matches get reduced in England? It is always less satisfying an outcome winning by D/L then actually hitting the winning run or taking the final wicket (or restricting the opposition too I guess).

Burgey

We'd have needed loads of rain if your mate Corbyn had got in. He planned to nationalise water and distribute it out in rations
There's more than enough to go around, even though it never rains in England.

Burgey

Stunning as always. More visual beauty on a 15 minute walk around the Balmain foreshore than in the entire British Isles. And that's before you hop on the ferry to head to work and take in the harbour.

Burgey

Hopefully no one keels over at the thought of a 30 degree day. The pasties get their shirts off when it hits 15. Dire stuff.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What a great read this thread is. It reminds me how people from nations inferior to the UK (which, tbf, is all of them) get their kicks from things like the weather (you're close to the equator, it's hot, here have a participation trophy) and how big their land mass is, rather than the exceptional achievements of their countrymen such as the bands that revolutionised popular music, sports played all around the world, Shakespeare, being the only country to stand firm against Hitler, the telephone, the television, ending the slave trade. But no you have four timezones and it's hot waaaaayheeeeeeeeey

fkn losers