• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly: once a hero, now an embarrassment ...

Deja moo

International Captain
Moo - There goes your entire credibility. Read this post :-
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpos...99&postcount=38

I said - "Why not say so in the camp or when the selectors were selecting the team ?"

You responded - "Why didnt he say so when the selectors were selecting the squad ? Just the simple reason that THEY DIDNT INVITE HIM !!! gee, talk about drawing conclusions with incomplete information.

Now I see you running away again after shown the truth. Wait a minute that must have been someone else impersonating Moo. Moo never talked about SQUAD selection, he was talking about CAPTAIN
Gee sanz, how low must you sink that you have to resort to pedantry to save face ? :laugh:

Your point of contention was that Chappell should have objected to Ganguly being chosen as captain when the captaincy was being discussed. But he wasnt present when the captain was being chosen .

So what you did was to accuse SJS and me of lying, and feeling smug, linked to an article which mentioned that Chappell was present when the TEAM was being selected.

Then I had to expose your white-faced lying and hypocrisy by linking to one which showed that Chappell was in fact NOT PRESENT when the captain was being selected. He was only present the next day when the rest of the team was being selected.

So now you ignore that and try and twist facts to create an impression that Chappell was indeed present when the CAPTAIN was being chosen, pedantry being your tactic this time.

You couldnt verify the facts, and straightaway jumped into a tirade against us accusing us of deceit. Unfortunately for you, you had the rug pulled from under your feet when the truth was posted, and the tables were turned dramatically and oh-so embarassingly :D

Keep trying, maybe, just maybe, you'll regain your tattered credibility in the course of time :D

( And by the way, I see you've completely stopped posting in the thread where your lies were exposed , in an attempt to avoid bumping it and displaying your plain faced lying to more members. Nice strategy ;) )

Deja moo

International Captain
Whichever way you compare - Ganguly is/was/will be a better test player thanYuvraj.
was ? - agree
is ? - little to choose between them currently, although I would give Ganguly the upper hand by a slight margin. But then, I'm not the coach, am I ? ;)
will be? - I'm not a prophet either :)

And captains have played despite poor forms..and accodring to Coach Ganguly has been doing a great job . Ganguly throwing a tantrum was certianly immature and I have mentioned it many times in this thread.
Yes of course, captains can either play on, or drop themselves. Its a choice they have to make. The coach provided him with his advice, heeding it was his choice completely, and ganguly is not to blame if he decided not to drop himself. However to reason that the coach cannot hence give his advice is faulty reasoning.

Since when ODIs have become a criteria for selecting a test team, In the tour game he performed better than both the players the coach thought better than him and in the following test he performed better than Yuvraj sort of proving his stance right.
Once again, you're using one game as the all-in-all deciding factor to differentiate between 2 players. Thats not on.

Ganguly may be egoistic and insecure but that doesn't make Chappell's action right. I have never twisted the facts, it is you who has been quoting tabloids and have not provided any source of your twisted imaginations and wicked assumptions.
Hypocrisy on your part. You have been proven a liar in the other thread already.

Not about dropping himself though.
If it was a suck-up coach, you're right. He wouldnt have gotten that frank advice he himself requested in the first place.

Once again your wild imaginations have gotten better of you. Ganguly can never be as good as Ganguly as batsman yeah and that's from the scorebooks of cricinfo.
eh? If your typo (I assume) meant to read Yuvraj/Kaif , see para 1 of this post. If it should have read Kumble, you cant fault me, I used the same logic you had employed in the post I quoted !

How many tests did Ganguly play under Greg ?
If Ganguly still cannot handle the short ball in one dayers ( as was exposed by Bond), and has to walk off as soon as the second new ball is taken in the tour game, only to return against the old ball, he wouldnt be inspiring much confidence in his coach, would he ?

They are just the tabloid stuff which you seem to trust so much. I was feeding you some more. Ironically it was said by one of the most reknown cricket journo in India (on his Blog)
Good for you. Keep reading.

Wow, Chappell just won an away series since 1986, he desrves the Paramveer Chakra for his job. What a great opposition it has been. If Greg can take this team to WC Finals, ICC trophy finals 2/3 times in a row,draw a series in ENG, AUS, win a series in Pak etc etc then he can be talked with Wright in the same breadth. (I am willing to put 1000 bucks against it though ). Wright did everything while Sourav was in the team. His man management skills were great. So dont even go there comparing Wright with Greg.
:laugh: You're the one who started the comparison in an attempt to divert attention from the main topic. You seem to be under the impression that if you prove Wright was a better coach than Chappell, it would make the case against Chappell stronger. Unfortunately for you, most people realise that the issue at hand has little to do with comparison between the coaches' performances, and a lot to do with Ganguly's handling of the situation in question.

In that thread, I posted what Comissioner said. Obviously you were not seen anywhere near thread to know what he actually said. It's a pity that you still believe that those words posted by the Reporter in the tabloid was actually said by the Police Commissioner.
Its a pity you refuse to consider the fact that reporters add adjectives to any interviewees quotes. If they didnt follow that common practice, entire newspapers would be filled with reports in a quality of English that would make a school student cringe. You arent really that naive to believe that he words mentioned in reports are always the exact words of the interviewee, do you ?

As I said I dont need a certificate from you on my personality.
Then dont bring it up in the first place. Simple as that.

And I have already shown how lied (you kow Greg not invited for squad etc etc)
No, you havent Sanz :lol: .All you've done is be a pedant to try and save face after I exposed your lies, where you led people to believe that Chappell was indeed present when the captain was being chosen. Talk of the thief accusing the police of his own crime ! :laugh:

I didn't bring my personal life, neither do I feel touchy. It's just none of your business. You can continue to talk about it (that's what I expect from tabloid reading people), and feel good about it.
Post #94, second last para. You brought up your personal life, as I said before. Is there any more bullshytting you have left ? ;)

Although I have a feeling that you are feeling terrible after yourself. Did my posts make you angry Moo ?
Nope, just feeling pitiful re: your current position, and I can certainly sense your frustration at being exposed as a liar from here :) .

I thought you had already parted when you said you wont be replying to me again, so I dont know if I should trust you this time. But I guess this time you will stay away as I have shown you your post which just touched your raw nerve there
Touched a funny nerve is more like it. Although the lack of any solid basis in your posts is amusing to a degree ( but nowhere near as amusing as todays episode of Seinfeld, I must admit. That Kramer...hehehee :p ), you are finally correct on one count - the matter of my returning. I do feel suckered into breaking my word and returning to post one more rebuttal. But I guess I should not have entertained hopes of reading atleast one solitary sane post from you. Ah, well. I guess its upto me to be the bigger man and let you have the last word ;)

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
was ? - agree
is ? - little to choose between them currently, although I would give Ganguly the upper hand by a slight margin. But then, I'm not the coach, am I ? ;)
will be? - I'm not a prophet either
Thank you so Yuvraj and Kaif both ahead of Ganguly dont really make the best XI. which you seem to have been arguing all along while favoring Chappell.

Oh btw one doesn't really need to be a prophet to say that Yuvraj can never be as good as Ganguly as TEST batsman. I can say lot of things like Salvi can never be like Mcgrath, Agarkar can never be the allrounder Kapil(Sorry Marc ;)) was etc. etc.

Yes of course, captains can either play on, or drop themselves. Its a choice they have to make. The coach provided him with his advice, heeding it was his choice completely, and ganguly is not to blame if he decided not to drop himself. However to reason that the coach cannot hence give his advice is faulty reasoning.
No the coach not only provided that advice, he also said/suggested that he would play Yuvraj/Kaif both ahead of him in the test XI..and you yourself think that Yuvraj isn't better than Ganguly despite being in his top form. :laugh:

Once again, you're using one game as the all-in-all deciding factor to differentiate between 2 players. Thats not on.
Well obviously you take the tour game performance into account when you select the team for the test, dont you. Yuvraj simply isn't better than Ganguly, one test or 7 tests.

Hypocrisy on your part. You have been proven a liar in the other thread already.
No, I have not. quote it. I have backed almost everything I have posted. If I cant backup something I have posted, (unlike some people) I will immidiately apologise for posting the incorrect information and remove the incorrect part.

If it was a suck-up coach, you're right. He wouldnt have gotten that frank advice he himself requested in the first place.
He sucked up to him before becoming the coach. Just read his interview i posted and there how he was praising Ganguly's captaincy and his leadership skills as if he is the next mike brearly.

eh? If your typo (I assume) meant to read Yuvraj/Kaif , see para 1 of this post. If it should have read Kumble, you cant fault me, I used the same logic you had employed in the post I quoted !
So Kumble did play in the test, didn't he ? Besides Kumble is a bowler I dont see the relevance here.

If Ganguly still cannot handle the short ball in one dayers ( as was exposed by Bond), and has to walk off as soon as the second new ball is taken in the tour game, only to return against the old ball, he wouldnt be inspiring much confidence in his coach, would he ?
Ganguly cant handle the short ball and everyone has known it for about 5 years now. Despite that he made the century at Gabba, didn't he and then again in zimbabwe ? As for confidence, I have more confidence on Ganguly's batting than I have on Yuvraj's.

You're the one who started the comparison in an attempt to divert attention from the main topic. You seem to be under the impression that if you prove Wright was a better coach than Chappell, it would make the case against Chappell stronger. Unfortunately for you, most people realise that the issue at hand has little to do with comparison between the coaches' performances, and a lot to do with Ganguly's handling of the situation in question.
Wright is definately the better coach, what is there to prove here ? Wright's man mangament skills are 100 times better than Greg's (considering that he didn't even spare his brother and used him poorly in his lust for quick success). ;)

Its a pity you refuse to consider the fact that reporters add adjectives to any interviewees quotes. ?
No they dont add adjectives to the interviewee's quotes, they quote them as they get, they only used these adjectives whenever you are writting their opinions. Anyways you continously choose to ignore the 'quote' from Mumbai Police commissioner I posted in the thread. :D

Then dont bring it up in the first place. Simple as that.
I didnt, you did - You are the one who brought up 'Mentality', 'Internet Persona' etc etc..

No, you havent Sanz :lol: .All you've done is be a pedant to try and save face after I exposed your lies, where you led people to believe that Chappell was indeed present when the captain was being chosen. Talk of the thief accusing the police of his own crime ! :
No I never said he was present when 'CAPTAIN' was being chosen. Show it.

Post #94, second last para. You brought up your personal life, as I said before. Is there any more bullshytting you have left ?
quote it and quote your post as well.

Nope, just feeling pitiful re: your current position, and I can certainly sense your frustration at being exposed as a liar from here :) .
You are Agitated , aren't you ? :p

I do feel suckered into breaking my word and returning to post one more rebuttal.
You did it twice, tells a lot about your personality.:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
( And by the way, I see you've completely stopped posting in the thread where your lies were exposed , in an attempt to avoid bumping it and displaying your plain faced lying to more members. Nice strategy ;) )
I am sure you missed the last part of my last post in that thread ;) anyways here it is

"Actually I am done on this thread. Continue with you lies, beliefes and fallacies."

I left you in that thread to rave and rant..and that's what I am going to do here, leaving the floor to you to rave and rant. I am done here. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
For those who havent read this
Excerpts:
A fault can be found in the way Chappell went about communicating his `frank' opinion to Ganguly and it can be questioned if the middle of a tour was the proper time to tell the captain he didn't belong. But it is difficult to argue that it wasn't the truth. Not only has Ganguly been a passenger in the Indian team for a long while but, unlike Mark Taylor - who went through a long slump - he has not been able to command respect from several senior members of the team because of his indifference to the work ethic, personal fitness and punctuality.

Instead of being the glue, he is fast becoming a destabilising influence. Ganguly's arrival in the middle of the one-day series in Sri Lanka immediately led to the creation of two camps, with a couple of players daring to openly undermine Rahul Dravid's captaincy.

Chappell's methods can be contested. It can be argued that he is naïve, has no understanding of the Indian system, and has been in too much of a hurry to impose his ideas on the team. But can his intentions be questioned?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
For those who havent read this
Excerpts:
A fault can be found in the way Chappell went about communicating his `frank' opinion to Ganguly and it can be questioned if the middle of a tour was the proper time to tell the captain he didn't belong. But it is difficult to argue that it wasn't the truth. Not only has Ganguly been a passenger in the Indian team for a long while but, unlike Mark Taylor - who went through a long slump - he has not been able to command respect from several senior members of the team because of his indifference to the work ethic, personal fitness and punctuality.

Instead of being the glue, he is fast becoming a destabilising influence. Ganguly's arrival in the middle of the one-day series in Sri Lanka immediately led to the creation of two camps, with a couple of players daring to openly undermine Rahul Dravid's captaincy.

Chappell's methods can be contested. It can be argued that he is naïve, has no understanding of the Indian system, and has been in too much of a hurry to impose his ideas on the team. But can his intentions be questioned?
No, it cannot be and that should put an end to the debate. But, I guess, it won't. :(