• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly bats for Greg Chappel

neutralguy said:
I wont be surprised if tom moody finally makes it as coach of indian cricket team.Not too high profile as a player, was an allrounder and can understand both batsmen and bowlers and age is also there with him.Lets see..
Kapil was also an allrounder, and he was the best of all time, moody on the other hand was a very ordinary cricketer.Better get the champion in KAPIL DEV

Choora

State Regular
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Kapil was also an allrounder, and he was the best of all time, moody on the other hand was a very ordinary cricketer.Better get the champion in KAPIL DEV
Being a great player doesn't necessarily means that the guy happens to be a great coach too. Infact in most cases is the other way around. I for one think that Kapil wasn't a good coach.

I would personally go for Whatmore.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Kapil was also an allrounder, and he was the best of all time,
First Dhoni better than Gilchrist, now Kapil better than Sobers, Khan, Botham, Hadlee, Miller, ...

marc71178 said:
First Dhoni better than Gilchrist, now Kapil better than Sobers, Khan, Botham, Hadlee, Miller, ...
I basically meant that he was a great allrounder and better than Moody, i wasn't trying to compare him with all the other allrounders.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
and yet you have to respond to his posts....
Haha exactly.

The idea of possibly ignoring these comments is just too much for some people. They'd rather fuel the fire.