• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
Got yet another 17 year old YP, went for a seam bowler from Sri Lanka and ended up with ord/ord in batting and bowling and endurance. Tech is crap though. Still, probably the best youth I've managed to pull so far which is kind of depressing.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
30 Jun 2008 Denzil Sealy Batting capable reliable
30 Jun 2008 Matthew McGrath Technique poor ordinary

BEST Indies >> Martin Sheehan >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) BEST Indies Talents Sturdy
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Wrist spin
Wage $848 Rating 18,259
Nationality Ireland Ireland Age 17
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy reasonable
Endurance poor Training Batting
Batting ordinary Bowling dreadful
Technique average Power ordinary
Keeping atrocious Fielding poor

Meh, but will bat a 7 in youth squad for now.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
A few questions:

Are there any reasonable estimates yet as to how much the various talents contribute? Would Skilled Batting for example be enough to favour a player over another with a higher level of batting? How much do the Gifted talents speed up training?

How do different types of bowlers play in different situations?

How important are experience (in particular) and form?

Is it worth investing a lot in the academies? Does the level of the youth academy affect the quality of youth pulls?

Does anyone train fielding?

Bobisback

International Regular
A few questions:

Are there any reasonable estimates yet as to how much the various talents contribute? Would Skilled Batting for example be enough to favour a player over another with a higher level of batting? How much do the Gifted talents speed up training?

Is it worth investing a lot in the academies? Does the level of the youth academy affect the quality of youth pulls?

Experience is VERY important, too important really. If you have the money, you can use it to buy players or pump it into your academies, or do both as i do. It improves your chances of getting a decent pull.

All i cbf answering.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
A few questions:

I don't know much about the talents, at a guess I'd say 50% of a skill level. Gifted players train about 20% faster from my experience, that might not be right though.

A better YA gives you a slightly better chance of a better youth pull, but it's supposedly not very big at all.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few questions:

1. Skilled is a %, So say a ordinary batsman gets a 50% boost(Random number).
I would say around 2 weeks

2. Seamers get a advantage at the start of the innings. Spinners a disadvantage. Seamers non spinners are disadvantaged at the end.

3 I think exp is pretty important. But of course I'm never gonna pick a average/average batsman with reas exp over a reas/reas batsman with dread exp

4 Don't know really

5 Yes, In fact. As of this week. Everyone who's in contention for a senior XI is on fielding training until they get to ordinary.

New version coming out tomorrow

http://fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=65209#p65209

The new graphs look mint as man.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for the replies. Was going to invest heavily in the youth academy if it made much of a difference to youth pulls but if it doesn't I think I'll concentrate more on improving the senior academy as most of my better players are there.

A few useful pops today, best of which were a bowling pop to capable and technique pops on two of my better bowlers. Bowling is starting to look pretty decent now, although none of my top bowlers have relevant talents which is a bit of a worry. Also in need of a quick and a better wrist spinner. My batting isn't great, but most of them have good talents and nearly everyone in the squad is 21 or younger, so there's some hope for me yet.

Edit: how much would I be likely to get for this guy? Thinking of selling as he's quite old and technique has only just popped, but figured he might go for a fair bit with that bowling level.

Asterix XI >> Thomas Moulder >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Asterix XI Talents Skilled (Bowling)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Fast medium
Wage $1,906 Rating 24,479
Nationality West Indies West Indies Age 27
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience average Captaincy ordinary
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling Technique
Batting dreadful Bowling reliable
Technique ordinary Power poor
Keeping poor Fielding average

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
03 Jul 2008 Greg Thwaites Experience dreadful poor
02 Jul 2008 Brett Cotter Endurance average reasonable
02 Jul 2008 Leonard Bailhache Batting capable reliable
02 Jul 2008 Stephen Herring Technique reasonable capable
02 Jul 2008 Alfred McGregor Technique average reasonable
02 Jul 2008 John Morgan Bowling ordinary average
02 Jul 2008 William Baldwin Batting reasonable capable

Decent day for training.

Spikey

Edit: how much would I be likely to get for this guy? Thinking of selling as he's quite old and technique has only just popped, but figured he go for a fair bit with that bowling level.

Asterix XI >> Thomas Moulder >> Details
Team (Senior) Asterix XI Talents Skilled (Bowling)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Fast medium
Wage $1,906 Rating 24,479
Nationality West Indies West Indies Age 27
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience average Captaincy ordinary
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling Technique
Batting dreadful Bowling reliable
Technique ordinary Power poor
Keeping poor Fielding average

Quite hard to say. I wouldn't go past 250K myself as the tech is just too far behind for my liking. But others don't value tech as high as me.

I think if you wanted to you could put him up for 600K. And if he doesn't get sold. Put him back up for 500K and so on.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, figured his primary would be overvalued as there aren't many reliables on the market.

Would it be worth playing a capable batsman with reliable technique and satisfactory fatigue over a fully fit capable/ordinary? What about a passable reasonable/capable v a rested reasonable/ordinary? Have been resting some of my fatigued batsmen, but I'm playing first place tomorrow so want to give myself a decent chance of winning. Probably too far behind (two wins) to win the league, but may as well try.

Spikey

Would it be worth playing a capable batsman with reliable technique and satisfactory fatigue over a fully fit capable/ordinary?

What about a passable reasonable/capable v a rested reasonable/ordinary?
Would go with the cap/rel and the reas/ord.

That being said, There will be a fitness update before you match tomorrow so your players fatigue may get better

PS Was it you who had that question about prodigy the other day? There's a topic on the FTP forums and two weeks seems to be the number everyone thinks it is.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
03 Jul 2008 Ruwan Rifan Experience dreadful poor
03 Jul 2008 Hetuwa Ratnayake Experience capable reliable
03 Jul 2008 Babiya Danthanarayana Technique average reasonable
03 Jul 2008 Chandrasiri Meniga Power dreadful poor
03 Jul 2008 Chandradasa Deshapriya Bowling capable reliable
03 Jul 2008 Chandrasiri Meniga Endurance poor ordinary

Apart from Deshapriya they are all meh.

Played a match with a full strength Seniors U19 side. Had three fillers with the bat, but still only got 6k less ratings then the SL U19 side. If we had a half decent U19 manager for Sri Lanka, most of my guys would be in the squad, or atleast a couple in the starting XI.

Blackcaps Jaffna Jets
Batting - Top Order: 4,347 4,818
Batting - Middle Order: 3,391 4,066
Batting - Tail: 2,374 2,043
Bowling - Seam: 4,077 (8) 4,849 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 4,056 (2) 5,337 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,195 4,014
Overall: 74,023 78,928

Bobisback

International Regular
03 Jul 2008 Ruwan Rifan Experience dreadful poor
03 Jul 2008 Hetuwa Ratnayake Experience capable reliable
03 Jul 2008 Babiya Danthanarayana Technique average reasonable
03 Jul 2008 Chandrasiri Meniga Power dreadful poor
03 Jul 2008 Chandradasa Deshapriya Bowling capable reliable
03 Jul 2008 Chandrasiri Meniga Endurance poor ordinary

Apart from Deshapriya they are all meh.

Played a match with a full strength Seniors U19 side. Had three fillers with the bat, but still only got 6k less ratings then the SL U19 side. If we had a half decent U19 manager for Sri Lanka, most of my guys would be in the squad, or atleast a couple in the starting XI.

Blackcaps Jaffna Jets
Batting - Top Order: 4,347 4,818
Batting - Middle Order: 3,391 4,066
Batting - Tail: 2,374 2,043
Bowling - Seam: 4,077 (8) 4,849 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 4,056 (2) 5,337 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,195 4,014
Overall: 74,023 78,928
Rumour has it, someones All rounder just got dropped from the Sri Lankan U19's tbh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Still really raw to all this and haven't had time to investigate it properly. Won my first T20 match by 10 wickets, bowling the opposition out for 80odd and chasing it pretty swiftly. Then forgot to set tactics for my U-19 OD fixture. Managed to win that one by a comfortable 40 runs or so, despite everyone but the wicketkeeper bowling, it seems. Feeling mildly positive about this. Now, if only I could give it my undivided attention.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah totally forgot about my YOD but managed to win by 121 runs so not displeased. Still 1st in the youth league despite pulling dross so it's all good.

You in the WI as well, Liam? What are you investing into your academies if you are?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yeah totally forgot about my YOD but managed to win by 121 runs so not displeased. Still 1st in the youth league despite pulling dross so it's all good.

You in the WI as well, Liam? What are you investing into your academies if you are?
WI, yes. Campsfield Braves. I'm putting $15,000 into each of my academies. What's your expenditure?

EDIT: Just increased it to a total academy expenditure of $45,000.

Majin

International Debutant
WI, yes. Campsfield Braves. I'm putting $15,000 into each of my academies. What's your expenditure?

EDIT: Just increased it to a total academy expenditure of $45,000.
I'm currently on $39,000 total however was contacted yesterday by one of the other WI managers who is trying to gather as many of us as possible on the WI FTP forum and attempt to lower the average investment for the country as it is rather high at the moment. At the moment I'm making about $700 dollars profit a week so it's not really helping much. Will see how it develops, though he looks to have some of the mods from the FTP site helping him which is a good sign.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Admirable idea, but it likely won't work. Managers will agree to it initially, but will probably raise their budgets over time.