• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Experience	dreadful  	Captaincy	poor
Endurance	poor 		Training	All-rounder
Batting		ordinary 	Bowling		average
Technique	poor 		Power		poor
Keeping		atrocious 	Fielding	dreadful
Youth pull ftw! Too bad he is 17 though.

Pops were semi decent, 1 17yr old bowler to average, 1 endurance pop on a useless player, and a semi-useless bat popped to ordinary bat and tech.

My youth bowling lineup is now 1 reasonable 4 average's and 5 ordinaries. And my batting having 3 averages and 4 ordinaries. Coming along nicely.

Not sure what to do with training, alot of my youths have really bad tech and endurance. Anyone have any plans with the nets they're going to use?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what to do with training, alot of my youths have really bad tech and endurance. Anyone have any plans with the nets they're going to use?
Most of my youth players are on batting tech/bowling tech nets until their technique is on par with the primary. I noticed that endurance and technique seem to make as much difference as primaries. With endurance I just leave it and let them pop as they go. It only seems to make difference for bowlers anyway.

Had six pops and three guys will be promoted to the senior side as I fell they are ready. Two all rounders and spinner who is overall my best bowler in all squads. Might be able to have a late push for staying, or atleast build a side for next year.

Bobisback

International Regular
Most of my youth players are on batting tech/bowling tech nets until their technique is on par with the primary. I noticed that endurance and technique seem to make as much difference as primaries. With endurance I just leave it and let them pop as they go. It only seems to make difference for bowlers anyway.

Had six pops and three guys will be promoted to the senior side as I fell they are ready. Two all rounders and spinner who is overall my best bowler in all squads. Might be able to have a late push for staying, or atleast build a side for next year.
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, especially for some of my players.

As for promoting the players, im thinking about doing the opposite, selling my good senior players and bringing up a decent Youth squad.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, especially for some of my players.

As for promoting the players, im thinking about doing the opposite, selling my good senior players and bringing up a decent Youth squad.
Yeah I've be selling all my older senior players at the end of season. They don't seem to be popping at all. Also got some all rounder that at best can only make it as a batsmen or bowlerr and hard to train so I will be selling most of them as well. Most of my side next season should be Under 23.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Lost my 20/20. Brown made another 50 but couldn't carry on again.

Masses of youth pops. 2 bowlers to ordinary and my 16yr old RFM popped to average bowl and average technique. What a gun.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Same. I haven't bothered changing my orders since about the 3rd week. I only check it for my training and YP's now.

Bobisback

International Regular
Only thing keeping me going is my youth squad, having fun building it up tbh. This is what it looks like now.

Code:
		Age	End	Bat	Bowl	Tech	Power	Keep	Field
Hathursingha	17	Dread	Poor	Poor	Poor	Ave	Ord	Dread
Goonatilleke	18	Ord	Ord	Dread	Ord	Ord	Dread	Ord
Baddewithana	16	Poor	Ave	Poor	Dread	Atro	Poor	Poor
Kaluperuma	16	Poor	Ave	Atro	Poor	Dread	Dread	Ord
Dikkumbura	16	Dread	Ave	Atro	Poor	Dread	Poor	Poor
de Saram	18	Ord	Ave	Dread	Ord	Dread	Dread	Ord
Indrani		17	Poor	Ord	Ave	Poor	Poor	Atro	Dread
Fuard		17	Ord	Poor	Ave	Ord	Ord	Poor	Ord
Harshana	16	Ord	Poor	Ave	Poor	Atro	Atro	Dread
Sanadeera	16	Dread	Atro	Reason	Poor	Poor	Dread	Poor
Kuruvilla	16	Ord	Atro	Average	Ord	Dread	Dread	Ord
They cant win a match, but by the time they're all promoted into my seniors, id say id be near the best team in Sri Lanka.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Half my youth players are in my senior squad already, but I reckon we have some talent coming through. Here is what a full strength youth side will look like, plus a couple reserves.

(Batt-Bowl/Tech)

1. Silida Kularatne (18): Ave/Ord, Ave WK
2. Ariyapala Kodikara (17): Ave/Ord
3. Babiya Danthanarayana (16): Ave/Ord, Ord/Ord RM
4. Sanath Andrahennadi (16): Ord/Ord, Ave/Ord RM
5. Sadun Jaseam (18): Ave/Ord
6. Hetuwa Ratnayake (18): Ord/Poor, Ave WK
7. Sepala Ariyadasa (16): Ave/Poor, Ord/Poor OS
8. Nuwan Ashok (18): Poor/Ave, Ord/Ave RM
9. Hetuhamy Samarasinghe (16): Poor/Ave, Ord/Ave RFM
10. Sadun Kularatne (17): Ord/Rea RM
11. Dharmapala de Mel (17): Ave/Poor OS

Dharmaratna Dalpathado (16): Ave/Ord OS
Aravinda Rajapaksa (16): Ord/Ord

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Name  			Age  	End  		Bat  		Bowl  		Tech  		Power  		Keep  		Field  		Capt  		Exp  		Fatigue  Form  		Wage  	Rating
Henry Adams  		17  	poor  		atrocious  	ordinary  	poor  		ordinary  	atrocious  	poor  		ordinary  	dreadful  	rested  average  	$652  	15,048
Tilan Baddewithana 	16 	poor 		average 	poor 		dreadful 	atrocious 	poor 		poor 		average 	atrocious 	rested 	ordinary 	$734 	16,546
Laurie Cassimy 		16 	poor 		ordinary 	poor 		poor 		poor 		dreadful 	poor 		average 	atrocious 	rested 	reasonable 	$724 	18,671
Sanath de Saram 	18 	ordinary 	average 	dreadful 	ordinary 	dreadful 	dreadful 	ordinary 	poor 		dreadful 	rested 	average 	$694 	19,044
Menika de Valliere 	16 	average 	dreadful 	ordinary 	poor 		poor 		atrocious 	poor 		average 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$636 	17,173
Ariyapala Dikkumbura 	16 	dreadful 	average 	atrocious 	poor 		dreadful 	poor 		poor 		reasonable 	dreadful 	rested 	average 	$758 	16,043
Menika Fawmy 		16 	poor 		poor 		atrocious 	ordinary 	dreadful 	dreadful 	average 	poor 		dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$584 	15,401
Upul Fuard 		17 	ordinary 	poor 		average 	ordinary 	ordinary 	poor 		ordinary 	average 	dreadful 	rested 	average 	$1,010 	23,108
Dharmadasa Goonatilleke 18 	ordinary 	ordinary 	dreadful 	ordinary 	ordinary 	dreadful 	ordinary 	capable 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$668 	19,784
Sanath Harshana 	16 	ordinary 	poor 		average 	poor 		atrocious 	atrocious 	dreadful 	poor 		dreadful 	rested 	ordinary 	$784 	15,927
DharmadasaHathurusingha 17 	dreadful 	poor 		poor 		poor 		average 	ordinary 	dreadful 	ordinary 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$670 	19,533
Ranjit Indrani 		17 	poor 		ordinary 	average 	poor 		poor 		atrocious 	dreadful 	poor 		dreadful 	rested 	average 	$980 	17,731
Sunil Inman 		16 	average 	dreadful 	ordinary 	poor 		dreadful 	dreadful 	dreadful 	ordinary 	dreadful 	rested 	capable 	$614 	17,347
Baba Jinadasa 		16 	dreadful 	ordinary 	poor 		poor 		poor 		atrocious 	dreadful 	average 	dreadful 	rested 	capable 	$714 	16,342
Bayya Kaluperuma 	16 	poor 		average 	atrocious 	poor 		dreadful 	dreadful 	ordinary 	ordinary 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$914 	17,422
Drsadvata Kuruvilla 	16 	ordinary 	atrocious 	average 	ordinary 	dreadful 	dreadful 	ordinary 	average 	atrocious 	rested 	capable 	$830 	18,513
Arjuna Lilly 		18 	ordinary 	atrocious 	average 	poor 		dreadful 	poor 		dreadful 	average 	dreadful 	rested 	ordinary 	$680 	17,144
Upul Loos 		17 	dreadful 	dreadful 	ordinary 	dreadful 	dreadful 	poor 		ordinary 	reliable 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$680 	15,207
Ranasinghe Oshadee 	18 	ordinary 	atrocious 	ordinary 	poor 		dreadful 	dreadful 	poor 		ordinary 	dreadful 	rested 	reasonable 	$624 	14,758
Romesh Senadeera 	16 	dreadful 	atrocious 	reasonable 	poor 		poor 		dreadful 	poor 		ordinary 	dreadful 	rested 	average 	$886 	17,240
Dharma Unantenne 	17 	poor 		poor 		ordinary 	ordinary 	poor 		poor 		poor 		poor 		atrocious 	rested 	average 	$730 	18,869
Dharmadasa Zanhar 	16 	poor 		atrocious 	poor 		dreadful 	poor 		atrocious 	average 	poor 		dreadful 	rested 	average 	$572 	14,595
My entire Youth Squad, this is where im going to make my teams money. Though i dont like the only 25 people being trained, more and you get less %, and also the less money from sales of players that are only new to your team crap.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Youth XI at present:

Gardner Ave/Ave bat (17yo)
Weeks Poor/Ave bat, ave/ave FM bowl (16yo)
Brodie Poor/Poor bat (16yo)
Verco Reas/Ord bat (16yo)
Reid Ave/Poor bat (17yo)
Mungroo Ord/Ord bat (17yo)
Patterson Poor/Ave bat, Ave w/k (17yo)
Ziebell Poor/Ave bat, Ord/Ave LAS bowl (17yo)
Taylor Ave/Ord OS bowl (16yo)
Nitschke Ave/Dre RM bowl (17yo)
McFarlane Ave/Ave OS bowl (16yo)

I've got some good reserves, who'll probably oust some of my poor bats out. Have just listed an average Youth bowler (18yo), who was playing til I pulled McFarlane today who is pretty good. I also have a 16yo reasonable spinner and an 18yo reasonable FM in my seniors.

Bobisback

International Regular
My Youth XI at present:

Gardner Ave/Ave bat (17yo)
Weeks Poor/Ave bat, ave/ave FM bowl (16yo)
Brodie Poor/Poor bat (16yo)
Verco Reas/Ord bat (16yo)
Reid Ave/Poor bat (17yo)
Mungroo Ord/Ord bat (17yo)
Patterson Poor/Ave bat, Ave w/k (17yo)
Ziebell Poor/Ave bat, Ord/Ave LAS bowl (17yo)
Taylor Ave/Ord OS bowl (16yo)
Nitschke Ave/Dre RM bowl (17yo)
McFarlane Ave/Ave OS bowl (16yo)

I've got some good reserves, who'll probably oust some of my poor bats out. Have just listed an average Youth bowler (18yo), who was playing til I pulled McFarlane today who is pretty good. I also have a 16yo reasonable spinner and an 18yo reasonable FM in my seniors.
Why promote them? Im putting in 3x the average in my youth and only a touch above the average in my senior so that i can train the crap out of them while they're young, and have a solid Senior squad in a few seasons.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because they play each week, experience should somewhat compensate for what they lose in training (the players in the youths that wouldn't have played otherwise get experience too) and if they help me get my seniors promoted I'll have more money.

Bobisback

International Regular
Because they play each week, experience should somewhat compensate for what they lose in training (the players in the youths that wouldn't have played otherwise get experience too) and if they help me get my seniors promoted I'll have more money.
Yeah, i see your point, though ill be still going for the longer approach, as this season im out of contention in every aspect of the game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How do you afford to put 3x the average in youth. I did that at the start if the season and I was losing money each week. Even now I can barely afford the average.