• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Definately still not quite right for me - may be at this end or at mine.

Last minute it's been speed-of-light, for about 1\4-an-hour before that it was taking a minute at least to load a page.

James

Cricket Web Owner
A backup has been running for the past 37 minutes, it has just finished and everything should be fine again.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Am having massively long delays loading up some pages (no particular pattern). For example, I was waiting 10 minutes for page three of Archie's baby thread to load up, and eventually gave up and went back to www.cricketweb.net and started again.

No problems with any other websites and am on broadband. Cookies etc get cleared regularly.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for posting Voltman, I'm aware of what is causing the trouble, and will be looking at addressing it over the Xmas/New Year period.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Normally wouldn't post in here, because I think the site is ace, but every day I have been on in the last few weeks, it stops working for a few times in a day. Getting a bit frustrating.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty much the same as Nath for me, is something of an erratically-behaving forum currently, can be absolutely fine all day, then has spells where it's impossible, sometimes really slow, sometimes doesn't work at all. Then in a snap it can be absolutely fine again.

You might be aware of this, but can't harm to state again.

Also, I presume everyone else has noticed, but the biggest problems tend to amount from attempting to edit posts and attempting to use the Search Feature.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Definately still not right, been really, really, really, really, really, really slow for a couple of hours or so before this post. And often "cannot find server"ing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I haven't mentioned to solve the issue yet unfortunately. Hopefully within the next week.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Getting a 'database error' error page (looks a lot like the 'cannot find server' page). That's a new one for me.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Access for me the last two days has been very poor, with long blocks where I either get the standard page couldn't be loaded error, or I get that weird mime-type mismatch thing where I'm invited to download showthread.php.

I've pinged during these periods (example below), and I seem to have no issue with connectivity, so I figure it has to be either a script (vbulletin) problem or maybe an issue connecting to the database. Anyway, it's pretty frustrating.

PING forum.cricketweb.net (64.22.66.240) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from server.cricketweb.net (64.22.66.240): icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=26.8 ms
64 bytes from server.cricketweb.net (64.22.66.240): icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=27.1 ms
64 bytes from server.cricketweb.net (64.22.66.240): icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=27.2 ms

--- forum.cricketweb.net ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 26.841/27.096/27.262/0.227 ms