• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football Manager dilemma - what would you do?

PY

International Coach
I've just acquired (given it by a mate who doesn't play anymore :D) a puck-chasing game, NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 and I'm addicted. It's basically the same game engine as FM but for ice hockey, quality stuff.

It's soo much fun but I have no idea what's going on. :p

PY

International Coach
steds said:
Why not? Ice hockey's easy enough to understand
I understand ice hockey to watch but I don't have the tactical know-how to deal with the really hefty tactical part of the game engine.

Imagine playing Football Manager when you've never played football, don't fully grasp the rules and don't know how to change things. I have the CD but no instruction because my mate is a student who loses everything. 8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
My brother has ordered FM06 for me as a birthday present (doing it because at the time it was due to be released on 4th November)

It is released today, and will almost certainly arrive today or tomorrow.

Do I a) open it and play, or b) wait till my birthday to open it?

What would you do?
Your brother gives you a present cos he wants you happy. You are happy by playing the game as soon as you get it.

So play on!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
PY said:
I've just acquired (given it by a mate who doesn't play anymore :D) a puck-chasing game, NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 and I'm addicted. It's basically the same game engine as FM but for ice hockey, quality stuff.

It's soo much fun but I have no idea what's going on. :p
Sports Interactive's involved in both of them that's why.

cricketboy29

International Regular
PY said:
I understand ice hockey to watch but I don't have the tactical know-how to deal with the really hefty tactical part of the game engine.

Imagine playing Football Manager when you've never played football, don't fully grasp the rules and don't know how to change things. I have the CD but no instruction because my mate is a student who loses everything. 8-)
thats exactly, how i play football manager!!, ive never played football in my life, hahha

Craig

World Traveller
Personally I would wait until your birthday and hide it somewhere to avoid tempation.

I will pick up the game when I'm in Englanbd or soon after when I get back as I am building up a new PC so I shouldn't have the dramas I had last year.

DJellett

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
I thought this thread was going to be something like "should I play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2?", "do I play Drogba or Crespo?" kind of thing......... :blink:

And btw marc, if your brother wouldn't be offended, then just play it.
LOL same

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Personally I would wait until your birthday and hide it somewhere to avoid tempation.
Well, seeing as my Mum was aware it was coming, intercepted the post and hid it, I think I will wait!

twctopcat

International Regular
You are obviously troubled so i would have left it until your birthday. Come that day you would have felt better with yourself for waiting. And at the end of the day its only a game. :p

Piper

International Captain
twctopcat said:
You are obviously troubled so i would have left it until your birthday. Come that day you would have felt better with yourself for waiting. And at the end of the day its only a game. :p
So is football, and yet guys would kill someone if they turned the tv over... :D

And to go slightly off topic here, but em... HE'S ALIVE.... and where the hell is my reply to the email Tom, huh huh huh? Typical man!!!

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
In retrospect, although it does say a lot about the morals of members.
what ??!?! If I bought my cousin a game for a B'day present a week ahead, and he stashed it away until D-day, I'd think there was something horribly wrong with him.