• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
James, am I right in thinking that's not the same thing that will be shown on Thursday? I wonder if they'll put it on the net after it's shown then...

Blaze

Banned
C_C said:
You seriously think that this site isnt read by commentators or players and a few hours time isnt enough to be aware of a situation ?

Like i said- it could be a hoax, it could be a coverup. I dont care much really but it isnt as cut and dried as you like to make it out as.

Mate all I am saying is that they would have needed to find out about it before the start of play, because both were shot before play (it is obvious from the light)

The video hadn't been posted before the start of play, so if it was real then they would have only been able to shoot the cover up at the end of the day which they clearly didn't (as you can tell from the light)

James

Cricket Web Owner
NZTailender said:
James, am I right in thinking that's not the same thing that will be shown on Thursday? I wonder if they'll put it on the net after it's shown then...
You're correct yes, they'll be showing further coverage on Thursday night on The Cricket Company.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
The video hadn't been posted before the start of play, so if it was real then they would have only been able to shoot the cover up at the end of the day which they clearly didn't (as you can tell from the light)
And the fact that it was raining...the rain stopped in time for play to begin and the sun shone for the rest of the day.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
Could be...but it wasnt a continous play or the same scene/reel..it was a different shot..could've been shot as a last minute patchup too.
Only if they realised at the time that it was going to be 'leaked'. That didn't happen for some time, I believe (can someone sort out a time line of when it was filmed, when it was 'found' and when all hell seemed to break loose?), and of course the weather and light changes pretty quickly at the end of a day's play.

The other obvious thing to do would have been to delete it (if not, sack the cameraman, sound man, producer, dolly grip, best boy, best sheep, best shepherd etc).

The trouble with conspiracy theories is that they can become too complicated - too many people have to be involved for it to be worth while, and this one would be no exception. No, this was a spoof - and we all got suckered. Well played Sky NZ (or whoever it was), well played Fleming, well played Richardson.

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
As if you've never been wrong about anything before.
No I have, but I at least find out the full story before I make my mind up,

Volty actually called me gullible for believing the truth...The joke is on him now.

:laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dantheman said:
No I have, but I at least find out the full story before I make my mind up,

Volty actually called me gullible for believing the truth...The joke is on him now.

:laugh:
I think the joke's on many of us, actually, not just Voltman.

Actually, this is what you said...

dantheman said:
Yes I thought it was real too, and yes I think it could still be real, but meh they gave a reason for it and they are sticking to it.
So I think we can also assume that the joke's on you too.

Anyway, welcome to Cricket Web. Feel free to partake in discussions on other subjects - we've got a couple more threads. ;)

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
luckyeddie said:
I think the joke's on many of us, actually, not just Voltman.

Actually, this is what you said...

So I think we can also assume that the joke's on you too.

Anyway, welcome to Cricket Web. Feel free to partake in discussions on other subjects - we've got a couple more threads. ;)
Actually I think you will find this is my first post in this thread...

Sorry boys but that is all BS.
I emailed it to radio sport in NZ this morning to see if they had seen it and that was the reply I got back.
And Mr Volt and various others kept thinking it was real. I never claimed at any stage it was real not like others were claiming anyways, I said it COULD have been real, because it did look very very believeable, but I got my answer from Radio sport and I would like to think they know something about sport and things in sport.

I never actually believed it was real.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
dantheman said:
What are you talking about? Lucky Eddie just proved that you thought exactly that.

As for "finding out the full story", all you did was swallow corporate PR. You never questioned what you were told at all, so how can you have found out the whole story?

Most people here who believed it was real did so based upon appearances, granted, but no-one had an intractible stance, except for C_C. I'm certainly man enough to admit I was fooled.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dantheman said:
Actually I think you will find this is my first post in this thread...

And Mr Volt and various others kept thinking it was real. I never claimed at any stage it was real not like others were claiming anyways, I said it COULD have been real, because it did look very very believeable, but I got my answer from Radio sport and I would like to think they know something about sport and things in sport.

You just keep reeling off these denials, but irrespective of what you said first, I guess you must have been in sufficient doubt as to actually post that 'It may be true' note a little later.

It doesn't really matter, you know - are you don't have to be THAT afraid to be wrong that you have to 'hedge your bets'. We don't score points, and we certainly wouldn't score negative points on the grounds of insecurity.

(well, we might do in your case)

;)

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
mundaneyogi said:
I'm certainly man enough to admit I was fooled.
If it makes me more of man, and helps me recover from some personal demons, I was fooled good.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I was definately fooled. I thought Flemo was having a go at him for what he's being saying about the team, but there you go, a hoax :)

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Gee, I hope that Cricketproducer guy wasn't Martin Crowe...

sirjeremy11 said:
Is it just me or was the idea of Martin Crowe giving up commentating supposed to make him look less stupid?
He went very quiet after that.

Martin, you were a great batsman! But seriously, commentator?

James

Cricket Web Owner
sirjeremy11 said:
Gee, I hope that Cricketproducer guy wasn't Martin Crowe...

He went very quiet after that.

Martin, you were a great batsman! But seriously, commentator?
I've been in contact with him off the forum, and it isn't Martin Crowe.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
James said:
I've been in contact with him off the forum, and it isn't Martin Crowe.
Great. If it was, let Martin know I have nominated Arjuna Ranatunga as least liked cricketer for getting him out on 299.