• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Goodbye avatar, I’ll see you again in four years
Mate, I'm still trying to work out wtf happend..........6am start at work this morning meant pulling an all nighter to see this out wasn't an option. I'd feel like a proper **** if I took your avatar off you for 4 years after that unbelievable result.

Happy to call it a tied bet.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mate, I'm still trying to work out wtf happend..........6am start at work this morning meant pulling an all nighter to see this out wasn't an option. I'd feel like a proper **** if I took your avatar off you for 4 years after that unbelievable result.

Make a thread about how the rules of the bet were unfair imo

Howe_zat

Audio File

You should both mow the others’ lawn in your wife’s Sunday dress.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Bugger that mate, England won and for four years I'll be wearing an avatar of your choice.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Congrats to England.

Personally don't like the way the winner was decided. For me if it's a tie in the super over there should be another till there is a clear winner ( in football penalties continue till there is a winner). Or share the trophy. Deciding on boundaries hit seems were arbitrary to me. Why boundaries and not wickets lost, ect

Groundking

International Debutant
Ok calmed down a bit now.

Commiserations to all the NZ fans on here, you're all sound lads and that's a brutal way to lose in a WC final.

It was a huge choke in the final 2 overs though, Bolt having Stokes out only to step it over for 6, then to throw the ball in hot blooded like that when they should have just accepted the 2, boundaries were very difficult to hit all game long and 7 off 2 is still a mountain to climb, have faith in your premier bowler ffs why take the risk of a miss field or ever worse that brutal bit of luck that happened?

On ourselves, holy **** I thought we were dead and buried at 86 for 4 then Buttler played a blinder whilst Stokes was anchoring innings just to mess up the shot to get out and surely there was still too much to do? But nope Stokes WAFG you champion keeping his nerve until then what a knock unbelievable. Over the moon with the lads finishing off the turn around after the dismal 2015 world cup. The bulk of this team should still be in their prime come the next world cup so go cement yourselves as one of if not the greatest odi side in history and go win in India lads!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hot blooded? It hit the bat of a diving person reaching for the crease. It was going to be pretty close if it hit the stumps. It was also Stokes who the entire game was balanced upon. You'd want to take that throw everytime. It was an absolute freak deflection.

Niall

International Coach
Hard luck to the NZ posters,,,pretty sure there has never been an awful NZ poster since I started posting here.

On the batting choices in the super over were people happy with Guptil going out to bat? I would have had Kane,,,balls of steel and can hit when needed.

Although tbh unsure if I would have sent Neesham out first so what do I know?:wacko:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hard luck to the NZ posters,,,pretty sure there has never been an awful NZ poster since I started posting here.

On the batting choices in the super over were people happy with Guptil going out to bat? I would have had Kane,,,balls of steel and can hit when needed.

Although tbh unsure if I would have sent Neesham out first so what do I know?:wacko:
Blocky was around during your time tbf.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's just like, your opinion man.

It's also wrong. Although Tbf, it's probably only one so you might have missed the bloke somehow.