• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Field Hockey

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha :laugh:
i'm linestop in the corners...everytime i'm on that line, I thank cricket.
Ive played a lot of leg glances and drives to save my life...
or getting my head out of the way of a bouncer.

we played 4-4 saturday
got 2 assists, and played fairly well, my team was really pleased with me(I started out as right defender..did oke at the start, then really struggled, then they moved me to right midfielder and i've been doing very well last few games :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Picture the scene. North of England u-14 divisional national tournament. Here's PhoenixFire, on the line, penalty corner. The oppostition Centre Mid stick stops it for the Centre Forward (UK Lions u-14 captain) to uppercut into the top left, just were PhoenixFire is stood. My guess is, is that the ball was travelling at a good 80mph, I unleashed a fizzing lofted pull, about 2 inches from my temple, the ball sails for a mile over the fence, my finest hour. Yes people, it did really happen*.

*Part or all of this story may have been made up.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha :D
but people overthere would say nice cricket shot...
people down here would say(or did)
how did you do that? what sort of ****ed up shot is that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Indeed, good old Durham.

What sort of level have you guys played to? My team came 2nd in the National u-13 finals, only to be beaten by Ipswich.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
never played high.
hockey is huge overhere about 1milion people play it.
never got serious with it, just try to enjoy it, and do enough to stay in a team with a decent level.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
School level :cool:

We pretty much just played the Girl's Grammar School over and over again and i don't remember us ever losing a game. There was this one time where i was in goal without pads and this girl hit a beast of a shot and i just jumped over it. Everyone was like ffs why did you did that?! I pointed out that she shot from outside the area and it wasn't given. :cool:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Picture the scene. North of England u-14 divisional national tournament. Here's PhoenixFire, on the line, penalty corner. The oppostition Centre Mid stick stops it for the Centre Forward (UK Lions u-14 captain) to uppercut into the top left, just were PhoenixFire is stood. My guess is, is that the ball was travelling at a good 80mph, I unleashed a fizzing lofted pull, about 2 inches from my temple, the ball sails for a mile over the fence, my finest hour. Yes people, it did really happen.
A total lie by the way, I was bored at the time :laugh:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
never played high.
hockey is huge overhere about 1milion people play it.
never got serious with it, just try to enjoy it, and do enough to stay in a team with a decent level.
Dutch are such try hards at hockey...... :p

Wanna see real hockey skill....watch the might Pakistani GreenShirts play....Pakistan = to hockey what Brazil is to football.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year

Wanna see real hockey skill....watch the might Pakistani GreenShirts play....Pakistan = to hockey what Brazil is to football.
so why does Pakistan fail all the time?

hate to say but the Germans are playing some awesome hockey.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Christopher Zeller

he's an absolute gun

Zeller, Christopher Bloemendaal 17 19 0 36

36 goals in 17 matches! that's just...gunnin' it.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
My school's become pretty good at hockey over the last couple of years and I know they had got this Pakistani coach in to help them this year. However, I had no idea until today (when I ended up in the same changing room as him) that he was Ali Ghazanfar (or Ghazanfar Ali) and he he actually played for Pakistan. I was also told at the time he was the Pakistan captain, turns out he isn't.

Anyway, do any of you hockey buffs have any info on him? Cheers.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
My school's become pretty good at hockey over the last couple of years and I know they had got this Pakistani coach in to help them this year. However, I had no idea until today (when I ended up in the same changing room as him) that he was Ali Ghazanfar (or Ghazanfar Ali) and he he actually played for Pakistan. I was also told at the time he was the Pakistan captain, turns out he isn't.

Anyway, do any of you hockey buffs have any info on him? Cheers.
What school do you go to?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Played my first game for Ben Rhydding Hockey Cub 6s today, beating Boston Spa 4s 5-2. Scored from a pretty decent slap from just inside the D, pleased with my efforts :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Are you kidding me, hasn't India won the most gold medals for Hockey in the Olympics?

Also, we have dominated international hockey for almost four decades my dear friend. At the moment we might not be good, but we were amazing once upon a time.

In fact, our story is similar to that of the West Indies in cricket.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I have been perfecting my drag-flick over the lats few weeks, and can now repeatedly hit the cross-bar at some pace, I'm well pleased :)