• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowling vs Spin Bowling

Which do you prefer to watch?

• Fast Bowling

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Spin Bowling

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

ataraxia

International Coach
Someone changed their vote from spin to pace, perhaps in anticipation of the poll opening lol

Anyway, I prefer to watch spin because (a) it's much clearer to see and (b) it results in more fun cricket; watching spin be smashed is pretty delightful (whereas constant flicks and hooks aren't as enjoyable for me)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s effete.

And also far too conditions dependent to be even worthy of comparison with fast bowling

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Fast bowling is better to watch and also plays a bigger role in Test Cricket than spin bowling across conditions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In all honesty I always found watching a great wrist spinner at work to be more absorbing than a menacing fast bowler or a high quality swing exponent. The Murali-Warne-Kumble era was a great time to be a cricket fan.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Genuine fast bowling is way better watch than anything in cricket.

But i prefer spin to pseudo fast bowling like that of Mcgrath.