• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast-bowling boots?

Shooz

Cricket Spectator
Hi

I've been using the mid-ankle Asics bowling boots for a number of years now, but my current pair has finally given up the ghost. I wanted to get another pair, but it seems they no longer make a mid-ankle bowling boot.

The only others that I can find are the Puma Iridium and the hideously orange Nike Pace and Yorker boots.

Is there a reason that these mid-ankle boots are becoming less popular? Or is it just because nobody loves fast bowlers? :unsure:

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
Hi

I've been using the mid-ankle Asics bowling boots for a number of years now, but my current pair has finally given up the ghost. I wanted to get another pair, but it seems they no longer make a mid-ankle bowling boot.

The only others that I can find are the Puma Iridium and the hideously orange Nike Pace and Yorker boots.

Is there a reason that these mid-ankle boots are becoming less popular? Or is it just because nobody loves fast bowlers? :unsure:
I reckon that with new technology and tests the fast bowlers are using boots that go much higher up the ankle and leg for added protection. I have seen a pair of professional boots and they go well above the ankle, have a lot of strapping, are ridiculously comfortable inside, etc.

I would recommend investing in a pair for comfort and safety.

Shooz

Cricket Spectator
I reckon that with new technology and tests the fast bowlers are using boots that go much higher up the ankle and leg for added protection. I have seen a pair of professional boots and they go well above the ankle, have a lot of strapping, are ridiculously comfortable inside, etc.

I would recommend investing in a pair for comfort and safety.
I've been using a pair of Asics 8 for 64 boots that cover my ankle (ok, so maybe my 'mid-ankle' terminology was wrong) and love them. It just seems that these days there are fewer and fewer of these available. Asics seems to have abandoned them.

I was just wondering whether there was a reason...

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
I've been using a pair of Asics 8 for 64 boots that cover my ankle (ok, so maybe my 'mid-ankle' terminology was wrong) and love them. It just seems that these days there are fewer and fewer of these available. Asics seems to have abandoned them.

I was just wondering whether there was a reason...
Not that I know of, where are you looking?