• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FAO Arsenal Fans

Aritro

International Regular
I walked past Prenton Park once. Maybe a second time on the way back as well.

Jason Koumas scored a cracking freekick against Liverpool in a League Cup match, or possibly the FA Cup. You beat us 2-1.

These are the associations I have with Tranmere Rovers.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I walked past Prenton Park once. Maybe a second time on the way back as well.

Jason Koumas scored a cracking freekick against Liverpool in a League Cup match, or possibly the FA Cup. You beat us 2-1.

These are the associations I have with Tranmere Rovers.
For years in my mental rolodex Tranmere Rovers = Half Man Half Biscuit, Awaydays by Kevin Sampson, John Aldridge, Dixie Dean and Jason McAteer.

Now it's just pretty much Corrin though. To all intents and purposes he is Tranmere Rovers as far as my mind is concerned.

Aritro

International Regular
For years in my mental rolodex Tranmere Rovers = Half Man Half Biscuit, Awaydays by Kevin Sampson, John Aldridge, Dixie Dean and Jason McAteer.

Now it's just pretty much Corrin though. To all intents and purposes he is Tranmere Rovers as far as my mind is concerned.
Haha. Didn't realise McAteer and Dixie Dean had played there, although I knew McAteer was from Birkenhead.

Yeah, it's pretty much just GIMH now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I’ll take it.

Think I’ve told you before though that I know the singer of HMHB (a recent development, well in the context of my lifetime on this forum anyway). What a great bloke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I’ll take it.

Think I’ve told you before though that I know the singer of HMHB (a recent development, well in the context of my lifetime on this forum anyway). What a great bloke.
Yeah, you did mention it. He's absolutely staunch, as one understands.

Hugely, hugely clever guy too; humour in music is really tricky to pull off without tipping over into being a comedy performer who happens to use musical numbers, but our Nigel successfully walks that tightrope.

Next time you see him please ask him what appeals so much about Chatteris? Always wondered why a chap from the Wirral wrote a paean to a town that is, frankly, the hair in the boil of the arsehole of the fens.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’ll take it.

Does he actually own Joy Division Oven Gloves? This is a current theme in my household as my eldest daughter is planning on getting a set thanks to the HMHB song.