• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fake or Real? Maybe a SL cricket fan can verify

kingkallis

International Coach
Big News!

Cricketer Dhananjaya de Silva refuses to bat at No. 7 in tomorrow's match against New Zealand & hence not included in the team. He is tipped to miss the next two matches as well.

Sources- adaderana.lk

----

Cricketer Dhananjaya de Silva has been dropped from the squad due to play in the first of three ODI’s against New Zealand tomorrow (25 March), sources revealed to Ada Derana.

The decision was taken after the batsman refused to bat at No. 07 in tomorrow’s match.

Accordingly, he was not included in the team set to play tomorrow, and is tipped to miss the next two matches as well, sources claimed.

The three-match ODI series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand is set to kick-off tomorrow.

----

Dhananjaya denies that though.

Sri Lankan cricketer Dhananjaya de Silva has refuted claims that he refused to bat at No. 07 position in tomorrow’s ODI match against New Zealand.

Taking to Twitter, he said: “The story circulating in social media saying that I have refused to bat at No. 07 during tomorrow’s game is false, and I wish to state that I am a player who always stands with the team”.

Earlier today (24 March), sources revealed to Ada Derana that the cricketer was dropped from the squad selected to play in the first of the three ODI’s against New Zealand tomorrow (25 March), due to the fact that de Silva had refused to bat at No. 07 position in the lineup.

Sources also stated that he is tipped to miss the next two matches of the series as well.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In simple it is the Born Again Mafia at work. DDS is the next in line for captaincy after DK steps down after the Ireland series. Then Roshan Abeysinghe, a close associate of the pastor Jerome Jayrathne tweets the news. DDS of course denies, but by then his claims to captaincy have vanished because of the picture that was painted of him by then. In addition Mathews is in, the Sri Lankan version of Kevin Pietersen, wholly malignant presence. It so evident that Born Again brigade don't want DDS to be the captain.

On side not I also think DDS not fit for captaincy. Short term it should be Chandimal and lon tern it has to me Kamindu Mendis, who is the replacement for Mathews.