• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Erroneous revisionism that needs to be corrected

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't agree with that. If it wasn't for this forum I probably would have never seriously taken longevity into consideration as a major factor when assessing players. I always just assumed that once you got a big enough sample size (whatever that means to you) that was good enough.

While I get the longevity argument, I still find it a bit perverse when a generally inferior player who played 150 tests over 20 years gets ranked above someone who played 100 tests over 15 years, due to longevity.
Anyone in particular this is referring to? jw

thierry henry

International Coach
I mean, if this doesn't prove my point.....we're talking about a bloke (who for context happens to be a constant under achiever and one of the rankest chuckers of all time to boot) throwing his bat at an opposition player and then making fun of his appearance in a press conference and getting pats on the back for it. Because he's West Indian.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TH it's good entertainment though. I'd prefer a game with Gayle, Warne, KP etc. in it than Tendulkar, Ian Bell, Mike Hussey etc.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh that was probably an unnecessarily dickish remark from me but....you're saying your idea of entertainment is watching tryhard dickheads be themselves, not sure what more to make of that tbh

DriveClub

International Regular
Samuels has successfully transitioned to a music career, great songs from him. Maybe cricket was not his thing, was always a musician at heart

thierry henry

International Coach
Lately whenever I'm a dick on the internet (most of the time) I start to get this sick feeling in my stomach afterwards, like I shouldn't have done it or maybe I should be doing something more important or productive. Could be old age, or maybe just gastrointestinal problems, or maybe both.

thierry henry

International Coach
Samuels has successfully transitioned to a music career, great songs from him. Maybe cricket was not his thing, was always a musician at heart
damn, you've just reminded me of "DJ" Bravo's place in the pantheon of latter day West Indian cricket dorks

DriveClub

International Regular
If you're in a career only for money when you're not enjoying it you can radiate negative energy. And lets face it most west indians will be playing NBA if they were good at it. Cricket is a really boring sport to play. You're fielding for half the time watching the batsmen deadbat.