• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Doesn't that turn tomorrow into a one innings match, no bonus points? Assuming they get on.
Don't think so unless the rules have changed recently. I've seen games done like that with agreement from both captains but usually it's just a case of accepting the draw and getting as many bonus points as possible.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Don't think so unless the rules have changed recently. I've seen games done like that with agreement from both captains but usually it's just a case of accepting the draw and getting as many bonus points as possible.
Maybe it's just in the National Counties. I suppose they could forfeit innings 2 and 3 and so aim to get a result.

tony p

First Class Debutant
It would be better for both sides as well as Derby v Glos if both were abandoned, you get 8 pts for a match that no play takes place.

If they end getting on for just 30 overs, you only get 5 pts for the draw, plus any bonus pts you may get

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It would be better for both sides as well as Derby v Glos if both were abandoned, you get 8 pts for a match that no play takes place.

If they end getting on for just 30 overs, you only get 5 pts for the draw, plus any bonus pts you may get
Draw back to 8 points for this season

So better to try and get some bonus points today.

Edit: It's been abandoned anyway, but hope for Durham vs Hampshire today

Arachibutyrophobic

Cricket Spectator
Any other Notts fans on here? I had my first 2 days at Trent Bridge on Friday and Saturday. Looking at how we are collapsing I'm glad I'm back at work and am only suffering the live stream.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
On the cricket247 board, there were voluble Nottinghamshire fans who regularly bemoaned their batting. I wonder what they are thinking today........

Edit: Oh I see Arachbutyphobic is here.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Not for very long, I'm afraid. Essex are only 3 wickets away from the win.
It was glib as multiple teams will get over 10 points.

Essex should be deducted 10 points seeing as they set a precedent with Durham back in 2021. So they need the win.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Brook brings up his 12th FC century off 69 balls

Looked like it was going to be even quicker at one point.

Yorkshire declare 92 behind as they are behind over-rate so need to avoid losing points.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sam Cook - WAG. Hard to believe that he hasn’t had a gig for England yet - though perhaps he might more be seen as a replacement for the evergreen Anderson who shows little sign of retirement!